Recipe Sharing : Swingers Discussion 1522681071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumRecipe Sharing
TOPIC: Recipe Sharing
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 398   End
User Details are only visible to members.
The TV show The Chew had a stuffing showdown today. When it comes to stuffing, I stay traditional. To me, in this case, less is more. I start out with Jiffy Corn Bread mix, Pepperidge Farm Bread Crumbs, Celery, Onions, green peppers, the cooked giblets from the turkey (I used to use pork sausage back in the day, no more, or you can use ground turkey, I go strictly veggies and giblets). I crumble up the cooked corn bread after it's cool in a large bowl, add 1/2 bag or the entire bag of the bread crumbs, depending on the size of your turkey and if you want to have some to cook outside the turkey as well, I chop the celery in small pieces and sautee them first, once they're al dente, I add the chopped green pepper, when that's all done I add all the veggies to the corn bread and bread crumb mixture, chop up the giblets and add them, I chop the onion fine and add them "raw." This really locks in the flavor. I use the broth from the giblets to moisten....not too much. I HATE soggy stuffing! I season with Lawry's Season Salt, garlic powder, black pepper and either Old Bay or that seasoning with the turkey on the box....can't remember name. Some people add butter or margarine. You really don't have to so that would be optional. If you try it, please let me know how you like it. Oh, once you stuff the turkey, if you have some leftover to make in a dish, spray that dish with Pam or some non-stick spray, add more broth, cover with foil and bake for approx. 20-30 mins or until the liquid is dried up and if you want the top crispy, bake a few more minutes until you achieve your desired results. I LOVE this recipe and have been making it for years. Enjoy!

Vero Beach FL

Username hidden
(2103 posts)
How sweet is it with the all spice. I want to stay away from any hint of sweetness. I'm guessing it's the stock I'm using.

Memphis TN

Username hidden
(796 posts)
Take a good chicken stock, add some ginger, a little corn starch (very little). Get to a full running boil.

Egg mixture:

Couple eggs, well beaten Dash of Soy Sauce Little Garlic Dash Allspice if you have it Beat well and slowly, I mean slowly pour into stock. Serve immediately, garnish with Chopped Green onions.

It's the one I always make, yum!

Jacksonville FL

Username hidden
(2271 posts)
Does anyone have a good egg drop soup recipe. It should be easy, but I haven't had luck making it taste really good.

Memphis TN

Username hidden
(796 posts)
Kat, both of these recipes look delicious! Thanks for sharing them.

Sheboygan Falls WI

Username hidden
(8620 posts)
Sausage, Cranberry and Apple Stuffing (the only way my family is letting me do this is that my Dad is bringing his traditional stuffing)

5 1'2 cups prepared potato bread stuffing cubes 1 pound ground turkey sausage 1 cup chopped onion 3/4 cup chopped celery 1 1/2 t dried sage 1 1/2 t dried rosemary 1/2 t dried thyme 1 golden delicious or granny smith apple, cored and chopped 3/4 cup dried cranberries 1/3 cup fresh minced parsley (I use Italian) 3/4 cup turkey or chicken stock One stick unsalted butter, melted

Place bread cubes in large bowl. In skilled, (use a little oil) cook sausage over medium heat, breaking it up into small pieces until it's evenly browned. Place sausage in bowl with bread. In same skillet, melt the stick of butter and saute the celery, sage, rosemary and thyme until onion is clear.

Pour onion/celery/butter mixture over bread in bowl. Add chopped apples, dried cranberries, parsley, and stock. Gently stir to mix. Spoon into 10 to 14 pound turkey. OR - as I don't stuff my turkey anymore, you can double the stock and add one egg to the stuff mixture and place into a greased 9x13 baking pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.

Morgantown PA

Username hidden
(2965 posts)
Here are the two new ones I'll be trying this Thanksgiving.

Pumpkin Custard Pie A thin layer of white custard forms under the pumpkin; sounds delicious!

2 9" pie shells, unbaked 2 cups pumpkin 4 T flour 1 1/2 T cinnamon 4 egg yolks (save the whites for whipping) 1 1/2 cups sugar 1/2 t salt 1 T butter, melted 2 1/4 cups milk

Preheat over to 400 degrees. Combine everything but the crust and egg whites in a large bowl. In separate bowl, beat the four whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the stiffly beaten egg whites into the pumpkin mixture. Pour into two 9" pie shells and bake about 50 minutes or until the top of the pies get a dark brown and the crust is baked.

Morgantown PA

Username hidden
(2965 posts)
Ok and thank you all* The time has passed where Im making food for folks outside. The army guys doing that now. We snuck to a diner last night. WHAT a treat!

joan*

Mantoloking NJ

Username hidden
(7752 posts)
Joan, just got in from day and evening cruise on that little dinghy. Will be happy to give you recipes and ideas. If you don't see them by say ten, remind me please.

Saint Augustine FL

Username hidden
(12558 posts)
Maybe some good ideas here too* I could use ideas for simple foods that can be eaten at room temp. No mayo, nothing that spoils fast. I've been making:

roasting cut up chickens pasta/veggie salads with voo & vinegar grilled veggies applesauce

Any ideas?

thank you all* joan*

Mantoloking NJ

Username hidden
(7752 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 398   End
TOPIC: Recipe Sharing