Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Recipe Sharing
TOPIC: Recipe Sharing
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 398   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Sounds like a good recipe itsbeen, I'll try it.

Great tip tip Scincy, I think you need to show me exactly how it's done.

I'm definitely kicking up my breakfast potatoes with that recipe Va. I find my next day brunch is well appreciated and I hate to admit also, maybe more than the sex. Man I hope not.

Username hidden
(795 posts)
Holy fried potatoes, Batman! Those sound amazing with or without the sex. If it wasn't 11:00pm, I'd be down in the kitchen right now.

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(4063 posts)
Mr. VA's Super Awesome Breakfast Potatoes

In a medium sized pan, put in 1/2 a stick of butter. Warm the pan just enough to melt it. Then add 3 tbsp Montreal Steak Spice, 1 tsp crushed rosemary, 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper, and parsley (fresh if you have it). Mix it around while melted, but not hot.

Cut ~6 medium sized (about 1.5 pounds) of yukon gold potatoes into ~1/2-3/4 inch cubes, skins on. Add it to the butter and coat everything. Then turn the burner on hi, cooking and mixing - a lot - until the potatoes begin to show signs of being cooked, then turn the burner to med-high and keep cooking until they are nice and crispy. Scoop the potatoes out and drain on paper towels for a couple of minutes, then serve.

I think I probably get more sex because of the breakfast I serve the next morning than because of my bedroom skills.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20532 posts)
Thank you, IB! I'm glad you like it. ;-)

We have a hand-cranked food grinder, too, possibly inherited from my husband's grandmother. I know what you mean about the popping of the cranberries as they went through - somewhat satisfying, somewhat gross, but compelling!

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9277 posts)
Scan - thanks, that's really close, sans the apples.

Mom always used the frozen cranberries because they didn't make a huge mess. (not like the oranges didn't! LOL) I can still hear them "popping" as they were ground up.

PS. LOVE that photo!

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
From my cookbook (and my name isn't Shirley):

Shirley's Cranberry-Orange Relish 1 lb. (4 cups) fresh cranberries (frozen also work) 2 small oranges, quartered, peeled Rind from 1/2 orange 1 1/2 cups sugar

Grind cranberries, oranges and rind in food grinder or food processor. Add sugar. Stir. Let set overnight to blend flavor of ingredients. May be frozen in air-tight containers. Makes 4-5 cups.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9277 posts)
BLT - Taste is subjective...LOL (as said many times on the fora) You go on and grub out on that stuff!

Scan - yes, I'd love to know. My sister and I were just talking about this tonight over our steak - she inherited the "grinder" from mom.

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
I LOVE THE CANNED CRANBERRY SAUCE, even thought it's straight up sugar! I live for it and eat it the entire weekend. If the truth be told, I would eat it all year.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3978 posts)
itsbeen my recipe has pomegranate seeds and juice in it too and you cook it on the stove top. I love it. I used to do one like you described although it pissed me off a bit when my husband and his adult kids wanted the canned instead. But being the good Italian hostess I put both on the table.

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17878 posts)
IB - I've got a recipe for cranberry relish that is very similar to yours, but without the apple. Would you or anyone else, for that matter, like me to post it here?

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9277 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 398   End
TOPIC: Recipe Sharing