Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Recipe Sharing
TOPIC: Recipe Sharing
GoTo Page: Less ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Start   391 to 400 of 406   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Thanks!

I'm curious, what's different about Japanese bread crumbs?

I'm glad you deciphered my post. I was going to say something about our crab/salmon cake recipes call for pan frying, but we know some are baked. Apparently I didn't edit that one well.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4769 posts)
Here's one of mine that's nice and lite. I've included a couple ways to make it even lower in the bad stuff.

1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, salmon (or walleye) coarsely shredded 3 tablespoons regular or low-fat mayonnaise 1 whole egg or 2 egg whites 1/4 cup minced fresh chives 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard 1/4 teaspoon black pepper 1/3 plus 2/3 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs) 1 tablespoon unsalted butter 2 garlic cloves, smashed and minced 1/2 teaspoon teaspoon dried thyme or double for fersh 1/4 teaspoon salt

Saute garlic in butter add together in bowl with all other ingrediants reserving the 2/3 cup of panko. Roll and then pat into 4 large cakes or 12 mini's. Place remaining 2/3 c panko in shallow pan. Coat both sides of cake lightly but thoroughly with panko and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake in 350 degree oven approx 20 minutes for large or 10 minutes for small cakes.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
OK, we absolutely love deep fried walleye, but prefer the fryer isn't working.

So... does anyone have a recipe for crab or salmon cakes that we can use with a "skinny" fish like walleye?

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4769 posts)
The taste won't be quite the same but since it's not a complex dish it won't matter much. Substitute canola since like sesame it has a high burn point for grilling. Peanut oil will be fine too if she does not have allergy to that. These three oils tend to be best for high temperature such as grill and wok.

I have several recommendations fo rcrab and seafood salad. Are you intending to serve in sandwich for or as a stand alone entree? Usually for sandwich I'd send a somewhat heavier seasoning so it isn't masked by the bread.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
LW.... what can be subbed for sesame oil... a friend of mine has allergies , and sesame is one of them.... but would like to try this sometime...

I am looking for a good crab (or mixed seafood) salad that uses very little mayo......( crab, shrimp, lobster)the seafood salads at the stores are too strong in flavor for me... some kind of spice they add is too much... but noone can tell me what they add...

Myerstown PA
Username hidden
(4985 posts)
Just bought a whole "Hanging Tender" (no, it isn't for that...shame on you!) It is the whole portion where Hanger Steaks are cut....curious about some ideas...my culinary brain does not want to work today!

Allison Park PA
Username hidden
(819 posts)
Rub down with crushed garlic, lime (tenderizes a bit) and oil and any other seasoning you have a taste for. Grill put on the sald ;-)

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
You must have stepped away a minute. Here's one anyway. 2 large onions, peeled and cut lengthwise into 6 wedges, leaving root ends intact 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil 2 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar 1 1/2 teaspoons salt 1/4 cup fresh lime juice 2 lb skirt steak, halved crosswise 2 1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper 18 flour tortillas 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves

Accompaniment: tomatillo or tomato salsa; lime wedges Prepare grill for cooking.

Thread onions onto skewers (or put in grill basket), then brush with 1/2 tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper. When fire is medium-hot (you can hold your hand 5 inches above rack for 3 to 4 seconds), grill onions, turning occasionally, until tender, 16 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board. When just cool enough to handle, cut onions into 1-inch pieces and toss with vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt.

While onions are grilling, stir together lime juice and remaining teaspoon salt and 2 tablespoons oil in a shallow dish, then add steak and marinate at room temperature, turning once, 10 minutes.

Pat steak dry, then rub with pepper. Grill steak on lightly oiled grill rack, turning once, 6 to 10 minutes total for medium-rare. Transfer to cutting board, then let stand 5 minutes before cutting diagonally into thin slices.

While steak is standing, toast tortillas directly on grill rack, turning once, until puffed slightly and browned in spots, about 1 minute total. Serve steak, onions, cilantro, and salsa all wrapped in tortillas.

Or inside use a grill pan or griddle. kiip the need to skewer onions.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
Do you want to grill or do inside?

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
Oh boy, I love this but it's not easy since I seldom work under strict recipes. Especially not for my home cooking. Then there's the adapting for 4 to hundreds I have to do. But I'll do my best to share. This marinade got excellent reviews for chiken, filet and veggie skewers at an event this past weekend. 2 cups soy sauce 1 cup rice wine vinegar 1/2 cup sesame oil 3/4 cup sugar 4 tbsp chooped fresh lemon grass 4 tbsp finely diced fresh ginger root (half the amount if using dried for the above 2 ingredients) 1 tbsp crushed chili peppers

Bring all ingredients to boil and then simmer 5 minutes to merge flavors. Cool to room temperature and pour over cubed meat. Marinade overnight or at least 8 hours. Soak skewers in water to prevent burning on grill. Drain meats and return marinade to pot and boil medium to reduce and sterilize 30 minutes. While reducing marinade, skewer veggies and meats. Grill at a medium high temperture ensuring chicken is fully cooked frequently brushing marinade over all skewers.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Start   391 to 400 of 406   End
TOPIC: Recipe Sharing