Recipe Sharing : Swingers Discussion 15226810371
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumRecipe Sharing
TOPIC: Recipe Sharing
GoTo Page: Less ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Start   371 to 380 of 398   End
User Details are only visible to members.
LW..... thanks for the salad recipe it was great!! It will go in my box for sure!!

Myerstown PA
Username hidden
(4985 posts)
Sorry for the late reply, Bacchus... I have a card through a former employer, actually. they told me I could keep the card, as they had an extra one, which was very cool of them! I am thinking of marinading small pieces of the tender, searing them, then wrapping them in Phyllo, and baking, served with different dipping sauces. Sort of like mini Wellingtons, with a twist. I love making Tapas-style meals, especially in the Summer months. I will keep you posted on the Baby Wellington Experiment! (sounds like a sci-fi book! lol!)

Allison Park PA
Username hidden
(819 posts)
LW.. thanks so much !! I love aspg. too( just got some fresh local today!!) so its a win win for me !! Will make it today and let you know!! Thanks again!!

Myerstown PA
Username hidden
(4985 posts)
Beeble, that sounds really tasty. So how do you use Restaurant Depot? Are you in the Trade, a charity or have a friend with a card? Even though I have great vendors, I use RD a ton. I'd love to hear the outcome of the phyllo dough experiment. Never thought to try that with that cut. Although I make a hell of a traditional Wellington. Please make sure to share!

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
Creamy, try this that I'm making up as we "speak" from one of my recipes I do in much greater bulk and I'm trimming it down from the mayo standpoint.. I'm doing it as two entree size servings.

1 lb cooked, shelled, trimmed, whatever firm seafood. Such as shrimp, crab, scallop, squid, non flaky fish. 5 spears cooked to tender asparagus, chopped in 1/2 inch pieces.

DRESSING 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus additional 2 or so tbs 1/4 cup sour cream (low or non fat is fine) 1 tbs worchestershire sauce juice of one lemon 2 tbs finely chopped fresh dill or 2 tsp dried baby dill 1 tbs fine chopped fresh parsley 1 tbp finely chopped rosemary 1/2 tsp paprika ground salt and pepper to taste

Cook chosen seafood and asparagus to doneness. (Just ask if you need further time details). Chill. While cooking seafood and asparagus, whisk together all other ingredients and chill to set up and merge flavors. Add just enough dressing to thoroughly moisten and cause seafood and asparugus to adher.

Toss salad greens of your choice with remaining dressing, thinned as needed with additional olive oil. Plate and add seafood on top. Garnish with lemon wedges and dill sprigs.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
Thank you bacchus...I did trim it, but then cut it into medallions, a little worcestershire sauce, and a rub of salt,pepper, oregano, and spanish smoked paprika, and a quick pan fry....delicious! and very tender! Great flavor, as well! I made certain to cut across the grain, when cutting. If you happen across this cut(I got mine at Restaurant Depot) get it! so cheap, yet so delicious! And very lean, for those watching fat intake. I am considering an experiment in wrapping it in Phyllo dough....could be a great hors d'ourve!

Allison Park PA
Username hidden
(819 posts)
LW...I am the only one who will eat the salad and I just plan to eat with some mixed salad greens...trying to stay away from breads...

My friend said thanks for the other recipe!!

Myerstown PA
Username hidden
(4985 posts)
Good, I'd so love to wrap you in bacon and partake of your deliciousness!

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
Wrap me in bacon and call me good cuz I kinda like your cute ass. :-)

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Beeble, sorry. Sometimes I am so hit and miss on forumn threads. It's because often I am just glancing and doing something fast while working. Have you figured out your hanging tender yet? If not I'm going to approach it as an untrimmed since you said whole. If you have, well maybe someone else would like this info.

First you must trim out the membraine. This is the elastic but very tough white tenons going down the center. I find it easiest to use a boning knife. Otherwise a smaller narrow knife, such as a paring. Make your firt cut into the center of the hanger and once you have about 2 inches, or however much you need to get 2 or 3 fingers in just start stipping the membrane away from the meat. Your hanging tender will end up two pieces. But yo uwon't be able to totally seperate and clean without a little more knife trimming. Even though this is a chewy piece of meat, slow cooking will not work well. It needs to be quick cooked and marinated for tenderness like you would a london broil. I'll give you one suggestion. But let me know if you are adverse to the vague kidney taste you'll still have after the marinade and I'll give another.

Hanger steak marinade: 1/2 cup red wine 1/2 cup olive oil 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar 5 tbs sea or kosher salt 2 tbs celery salt 4 smashed cloves garlic 6 peppercorns 2 tbsp tarragon

Marinate minimum 12 hours and up to 48. Grill ten minutes each side. Or dry fry in cast iron.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Start   371 to 380 of 398   End
TOPIC: Recipe Sharing