Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Recipe Sharing
TOPIC: Recipe Sharing
GoTo Page: Less ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Start   361 to 370 of 398   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Sorry, that recipe is for six. I have a computer program I can assist you with. It's called "The Book of Yields". Once I've imputed recipes, I can change number of servings and it will adjust everything and then give me a full order/shopping list based on one selection or a whole menu. Of course you'd have to exchange personal email addresses with me to make that feasible. It's handy in that not all ingredients are increased proportionately. For instance if you took the recipe I just gave you and made it for 90, you wouldn't increase the butter, flour and sauce ingredients by the same amount as the chicken breast. Since you have that kitchen and serving equipment available, that certainly makes it easier. But I'll still encourage yo uto do anything possible farther in advance than 2 days. I can give you guidance on shelf life there too. If you can hire a server that also has any sort of prep/line experience that could be tear sheeted the final heat and set up that would be great. Fondant seals the cake in. If you have refrigeration space to spare, do the cake as much as a week in advance, it will stay fresh.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
How many servings is that recipe for?

I did not mean "how hard can it be" meaning it is easy peasy. We have close to 30 people here during the holidays. I just figure I will times it by three. I have access to a full kitchen 2 days before the wedding. Walk in fridge.Chafing dishes and platters .. Making her cake is going to be hard. I am hoping to have it done 2 days before. It will be a fondant cake. Decorating I will do the night before. We will hire a few servers and a bartender for the day. Maybe there is a slicer handy, if not I will have to rent one. with the tables. The table cloths,napkins and chair covers were purchased. The wedding is at 1pm. As long as I have everything done and can be at the salon by 1130 I will be a happy Mom :) The salon is right across the street from the reception hall Be prepared for seeing me in t he bitchfest alot in the next few months. The wedding is in Oct.

Augusta NJ
Username hidden
(16055 posts)
Oops She, meaqnt to give you that recipe you asked people for: Chicken Francaise 2 eggs, beaten lemon, juiced 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 pinch garlic powder 1 pinch paprika salt and pepper 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves 4 tablespoons butter 1 cup chicken broth 1/2 cup dry white wine 1/4 cup chopped parsley 1 lemon, juiced lemon slices and parsley sprigs to garnish

Directions: 1. In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the eggs and lemon juice. In another shallow dish or bowl mix together the and seasonings. Pound chicken breast to 1/2 inch thickness between two sheets of plastic wrap. 2. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Dip chicken breasts in egg mixture, then flour mixture. Add chicken breasts and cook until golden on each side. Remove and set aside. 3. Deglaze skillet with white wine, add lemon juice and chicken broth and reduce by 1/3. Add chicken back in. Reduce heat to medium low, add parsley and let simmer for about 8 minutes. garnish with fresh lemon slices and parsley sprigs.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
"I am thinking of cooking for my daughters wedding instead of hiring a caterer. How hard can that be? "

Well, the answer to that question is it can be VERY hard. I am a professional chef/caterer and I would not cater my own daughter's wedding. We've had quite a few children's weddings already and even when I was the groom's mom I was seriously busy. Our one married daughter? Wow! The closest I've come to it is when TopChefnRedHot were married and their reception was in our home. But it was a joint effort with numerous people helping and the restaurant they both work for pitching in too. So the most labor intensive thing, which was a lot, was their cake I made.

That said, it's certainly your business and choice to make. How hard will it be depends on so many variables. Number of people, foods served, equipment you have at your disposal or can rent, your kitchen and refrigeration capacity, availabilty of bulk ingrediants and so on. Chicken francaise is a good choice. For the roast beef, do ahead and make the gravy right away. But don't slice the beef till day of as late as possible.. Do not attempt to reheat the full roast. Slice cold and add to already piping hot gravy. When is the wedding?

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
Probably not... but maybe.... the garlic cooks for so long that it becomes carmalized.

Very tasty.

Visalia CA
Username hidden
(4185 posts)
I do not think 40 clove chicken would go over well at a wedding. lol My husband just read the recipe and is all for it .

Augusta NJ
Username hidden
(16055 posts)
You've never had 40 clove garlic chicken?

40 Clove Garlic Chicken in Crockpot (from A Year of Crockpotting)

3-4 pounds chicken 1 large onion, sliced 1 tablespoon olive oil 2 teaspoons kosher salt 2 teaspoons paprika 1 teaspoon pepper 20-40 garlic cloves, peeled, but intact -

Note: 40 cloves = (3 full heads)

Place onion slices on the bottom of the stoneware insert. In a large mixing bowl, toss chicken parts with olive oil, salt, paprika, pepper, and all of the garlic cloves. Pour into crockpot, on top of the onion.

Do not add water.

Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4-6.

Visalia CA
Username hidden
(4185 posts)
I have a brand new rotisserie that is still in the box. During the summer I am going to try it out for roast beef. Just set it and forget it ( so they say) I do not think I can make that type of chicken in a crock pot.I do need help with recipes !

Augusta NJ
Username hidden
(16055 posts)
Crock Pots and Rotisseries (on low) will be your best friends catering for a lot of people.

Visalia CA
Username hidden
(4185 posts)
I am thinking of cooking for my daughters wedding instead of hiring a caterer. How hard can that be?

Does anyone have a recipe for chicken francaise ? I also want to have roast beef in gravy . How do I do this without making it well done and dry?

Augusta NJ
Username hidden
(16055 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Start   361 to 370 of 398   End
TOPIC: Recipe Sharing