Recipe Sharing : Swingers Discussion 152268
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumRecipe Sharing
TOPIC: Recipe Sharing
Created by: ChasnGwen
Original Starting post for this thread:
There seems to be a lot of really good cooks on this site. I am hoping you would like to share some of your favorite recipes, tips, etc.

Bon appetite!

"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." Julia Child

"Great food is like great sex. The more you have the more you want." Gael Greene

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 398   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Bumping this.

Mr. VA's green beans. Makes a nice side dish.

A heavy non-stick skillet, cold. A pat of butter and enough green beans for two.

Turn the heat to medium. Once the butter is melted toss the beans around to coat. Cook medium heat, agitating often. Once the skins of the beans begin to wrinkle and look "cooked", shake on some garlic powder and chili pepper flakes (to taste). When they're just about done, add a splash of soy sauce, quickly toss. Serve. People like them.

The temperature/timing can be a little tricky depending on the pan you've got. It's important (I think) to start the pan cold, not add the garlic too early, and add the soy sauce at the very end. Perhaps a bit of ginger paste? Hmm.....

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19795 posts)
This isn't my favorite salsa - it just works well as a base material for the chili.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19795 posts)
My salsa (I forget the name right now) is literally 5g carbs per 1/2c :)

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16789 posts)
I consider myself a foodie. Not so much because I eat a lot of food. Mine is more about the quality of food that I enjoy. Last Sunday I went to a nice riverside restaurant and had 1/2 doz. raw clams and oysters and the bartender made me the most wonderful Margarita with Patron and Grand Marnier on the rocks! That was a great afternoon. Then I can be happy with some really good prepared wings and things; a good bison burger and I am nuts for a rib eye. I had a great porterhouse steak, which I made at home. Actually, I like my own cooking better than any restaurant.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3303 posts)
Yeah I vary the carrots depending on how "good" I want to be. I like the flavor. I actually don't even add that much corn, really. Just enough for a sprinkling of color.

I did a detailed breakdown of a slightly different rendition (added 20 oz can crushed tomatoes and less tomato paste, 5 pounds of beef instead of 3, and 1.5 pounds of celery and 2.25 pounds of onions) of that recipe once and came up with the following:

Total weight 8.8 kg (~19 lb)

Per 4 oz serving: 134 cal 8.9 g fat 9.7 g carb - but 4.2 of it from fiber 8.9 protein

So it's really only ~5-6 carbs per 1/2 cup, and that version is "worse". The salsa and the onions are the biggest contributors to the carbs. The carrots and corn together only contribute ~10% of them.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19795 posts)
If you get rid of the carrots (do you really need them? will you really miss them if they're not there?). Cut the corn quantity in half, and it will be low carb instead of low-ish ;)

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16789 posts)
Mr. VA's low-ish carb chili. I make a giant pot all at once. Freeze some, give some away, etc. This takes a bit of planning in terms of time.....

1/2 pound dry red kidney beans 1/2 pound dry black beans 1 1/2 pounds celery, sliced thin in a food processor 1 1/2 pounds onions, sliced thin in a food processor 3 pounds ground beef 1 stick butter 1/4 cup Montreal steak spice 2 × 6 oz cans tomato paste 64 oz jug of salsa (your choice what kind, but I like to use Pace Picante) 1 pound chopped carrots ~10 sprigs fresh parsley, finely chopped ~4 springs fresh rosemary, finely chopped ~6 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped 1/3 pound corn 1/4 pound lima beans chili powder to taste

The night before, put the dry beans in a large pot, covered with water to twice the depth. Add ~1 tsp salt. Bring to a boil. Turn off heat, stir briefly, replace cover and leave overnight. Don't drain. In the morning, bring to a boil again, stir briefly, replace cover and put out of the way until you need them (~ 3 hours later).

While it sits, process the onions and celery and chop the carrots. Sometimes I add oddball vegetables in the fridge that I would otherwise toss (such as a bell pepper that is still edible, but definitely on its way out, however I find that green beans impact the flavor negatively). In a huge pot, melt the stick of butter and add the ground beef. Brown, and then add the processed celery and onions and Montreal steak spice. Cook while stirring until onions and celery are mushy - around 2 hours. Don't drain it.

Add the jug of salsa, tomato paste, rosemary, parsley, basil, and carrots and heat it through. Meanwhile, drain the beans and rinse. Then add to the pot.

Bring to a slow boil and then simmer for about 4 hours. Add corn and lima beans (frozen is fine). Stir. Continue to cook for another hour. Add chili powder or hot sauce to taste. Refrigerate overnight - it's much better the next day. -----

Putting a huge pot of boiling hot chili in your fridge might make it warm for many hours, so it's best if you can cool it somewhat before putting it in. If you immerse the pot in a sink full of cold tap water, stirring occasionally, replacing the sink water as it gets warm, you can cool the whole pot to room temp in about 30 minutes. It freezes well.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19795 posts)
We actually joke the perfect couple for us to swing with would be one where the woman of the couple wanted to try all sorts of new restaurants with Trooper and the guy and I fucked while they were at dinner.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
I consider my husband a foodie because he remembers what both of us ate for years after going to a nice restaurant.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9044 posts)
I consider "foodies" to be people who think about food more then average. For example driving down the road Trooper will see every restaurant and wonder what kind of food they have what is their specialty. When we went to C-bus the other week, I unpacked, put up the dance pole, freshened up. He read the list of local restaurants trying to figure out where to go eat.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 398   End
TOPIC: Recipe Sharing