Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Recipe Sharing
TOPIC: Recipe Sharing
Created by: ChasnGwen
Original Starting post for this thread:
There seems to be a lot of really good cooks on this site. I am hoping you would like to share some of your favorite recipes, tips, etc.

Bon appetite!

"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." Julia Child

"Great food is like great sex. The more you have the more you want." Gael Greene

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 410   End
User Details are only visible to members.
looks good. (luv me some beets).

don't forget parsnips -- nice sweet taste to mix in with other subbed root veggies.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(5186 posts)
Kitten, you can replace the beet with any root veg (turnip, rutabaga, carrot, etc) or bean (garbanzo, black, kidney, butter, etc...)

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(1463 posts)
you lost me at beets, yuck!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2308 posts)
While in the waiting room yesterday, I picked up a copy of Web MD Diabetes and found a recipe that may be vegetarian/and or certain vegans friendly. Smoky Mediterranean Beet Burgers: Ingredients for the burger: 1 tbsp canola oil,1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced, 3 cloves garlic minced, 1 medium beet peeled, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1/4 tsp mustard powder, 1/4 tsp coriander seeds, 1/2 tsp kosher salt,1 cup cooked short-grain brown rice, 1 cup cooked green lentils, 1 cup walnuts, 2tbsp golden raisins, 1 egg, 1/4 cup rolled oats: Ingredients for Yogurt topping: 1/2 cup nonfat greek yogurt, 3 oz feta cheese,1tbsp fresh mint, chopped. DIRECTIONS; preheat oven to 375 degrees. I am condensing this: saute the onion until brown add garlic and cook 2 minutes, grate the beet put all of the burger ingredients in a food process or or just mix I am saying. add the oats and egg, mix, put in fridge for 10 mins to set. Meanwhile prepare yogurt topping. Put on disposable gloves to keep from staining hands: form beet mixture into patties, place on prepared pan. I would spray with PAM just in case, bake in oven until heated through (about 10-12 minutes); turn on the broiler and broil for 2 mins on each side. Place burgers on toasted buns and divide yogurt topping among burgers. 538 calories per serving. 25 g protein, 65 g carbs, 21 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 41 g cholesterol, 17 g dfiber, 9 g sugar,665 mg sodium, calories from fat 36%. It says you can use frozen cooked brown rice and canned lentils. You can find the recipe in the Spring 2015 edition. The mag also says they have an app (free) on GOOGLE Play.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(4867 posts)
AsTimeGoesBy - Here is the vegan cookie recipe you wanted!

Double chocolate Mexican Cookies (vegan)

makes ~24 cookies

¾ cup non-hydrogenated vegan margarine (Earths Balance sticks or Blue Bonnet Light Sticks)

1cup plus 2 tablespoons (8 ounces) organic sugar

1 cup (7 ounces) lightly packed organic brown sugar (I prefer dark brown)

½ tsp vanilla extract

½ cup almond, cashew, coconut or soymilk

½ cup vegetable oil

3 cups (15 ounces) all purpose flour

1 cup (4 ounces) cocoa powder

1 ½ – 2 tsp cayenne pepper

½ tsp baking soda

½ tsp salt

½ cup dark chocolate chips or pistoles

powdered sugar

1. In the bowl of a standard mixer, combine the margarine, sugars and vanilla and cream them together until fluffy (2-3 minutes). Scrape the bottom of the bowl and mix again to insure that all ingredients are combined, about 30 seconds more.

2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk and oil. Slowly add the milk mixture to the sugar mixture while mixing to combine.

3. In another separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, cayenne. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in Chocolate Chips

4. Chill dough in refrigerator for a couple of hours.

5. Preheat over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit

6. Once chilled scoop out dough and roll between hands to form ~1 inch balls. Dredge the dough balls in powdered sugar until covered and place on a parchment lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart

7. bake for 9-11 minutes until the tops of the cookies form cracks

8. remove from oven , slide cookies still on parchment onto wire racks to cool.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(1463 posts)
Vegan Creamy Vodka Sauce

Original recipe makes ~10 servings. Takes about 1.5 hours to make.

1/2 cup vegan margarine like Earth Balance or Blue Bonnet Light or Lactose free OR Olive oil

1 onion, diced or 6-9 scallions

1 cup vodka

2 cloves diced garlic

2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes

1 pint unsweetened/unflavored vegan creamer, soy, cashew, almond, etc OR cashew/almond milk OR your homemade nut cream

1/2 fresh lemon juice (optional)

Directions In a skillet over medium heat, sauté scallion or onion in margarine until slightly brown and soft. Pour in vodka and diced garlic let cook for 10 minutes. Mix in crushed tomatoes and cook for 20-30 minutes. Pour in vegan cream and cook for another 20-30 minutes. I like to squeeze in some fresh lemon during the last 10 minutes of cooking to add a fresh, citrus "zing" to the sauce but that's up to you. - enjoy

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(1463 posts)
thanks VA. sounds good!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2308 posts)
so I have access to a vegetarian peeler ;)

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(19414 posts)
"if rabbit were to strip for us that would make her a vegetarian peeler"

I'm already a vegetarian peeler. I was vegetarian when I was a stripper--I think I get to keep the status.

~bare rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(1463 posts)
Fucking autocorrect!

Although if rabbit were to strip for us that would make her a vegetarian peeler.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(21963 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 410   End
TOPIC: Recipe Sharing