Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Recipe Sharing
TOPIC: Recipe Sharing
Created by: ChasnGwen
Original Starting post for this thread:
There seems to be a lot of really good cooks on this site. I am hoping you would like to share some of your favorite recipes, tips, etc.

Bon appetite!

"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." Julia Child

"Great food is like great sex. The more you have the more you want." Gael Greene

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 404   End
User Details are only visible to members.
thanks VA. sounds good!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2287 posts)
so I have access to a vegetarian peeler ;)

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(19039 posts)
"if rabbit were to strip for us that would make her a vegetarian peeler"

I'm already a vegetarian peeler. I was vegetarian when I was a stripper--I think I get to keep the status.

~bare rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(1081 posts)
Fucking autocorrect!

Although if rabbit were to strip for us that would make her a vegetarian peeler.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(21823 posts)
wait...a vegetarian peeler? I don't think I have one of those...

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(19039 posts)
Here ya go. Crispy tangerine chicken with vegetables. You can make it with a Valencia orange but it won't be as good.

With a vegetable peeler, remove most of the peel of one dark orange tangerine, taking as little pith (the white part) as possible. Cut into thin strips. Also with a vegetarian peeler, cut a jalapeño pepper up into a zillion thin strips. The peppers and tangerine peel should be set aside on a plate to dry for about 1 hour.

Juice the tangerine and put the juice in a cup. Add 1 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp honey or brown sugar, 1 tbsp peanut oil and 1 shot bourbon or brandy. Stir. Put aside.

1 pound of chicken breast cut in "matchsticks" about 2 inches long, 3/8 inch wide, 3/8 inch thick. Add 2 tbsp of soy sauce and toss. Let sit for about 20 minutes to soak up the soy sauce and then add 4 tbsp of corn starch and toss to coat.

Cut up 1 cup each of carrots cut into sticks, green beans, and onions.

Make a paste of 1 tsp chili flakes, 1 tbsp ginger paste, 1 tbsp fresh garlic.

Heat a pot of peanut oil (the same oil can be filtered and reused many times) to 350, keeping the heat on high. Add 1/3 of the chicken strips and cook while stirring to keep them from sticking to each other. Shouldn't take more than a couple minutes. Drain the chicken on paper towels and repeat with the other 2 portions.

Begin cooking the carrots and beans. Once partially cooked add the onions. Continue to cook while you make the sauce.

Brown the jalapeño and tangerine peel in a pan with 1 tbsp of peanut oil. Remove from heat for a minute and then add the Ginger/garlic/chili paste. If the pan is too hot it'll pop and splatter everywhere. Brown that mixture, returning to heat, then add the liquid. Crank the heat and boil it until it thickens quite a lot. Then pour onto the chicken, add the now cooked veggies, toss, serve.

A lot of work but wow....

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(21823 posts)
Bumping this.

Mr. VA's green beans. Makes a nice side dish.

A heavy non-stick skillet, cold. A pat of butter and enough green beans for two.

Turn the heat to medium. Once the butter is melted toss the beans around to coat. Cook medium heat, agitating often. Once the skins of the beans begin to wrinkle and look "cooked", shake on some garlic powder and chili pepper flakes (to taste). When they're just about done, add a splash of soy sauce, quickly toss. Serve. People like them.

The temperature/timing can be a little tricky depending on the pan you've got. It's important (I think) to start the pan cold, not add the garlic too early, and add the soy sauce at the very end. Perhaps a bit of ginger paste? Hmm.....

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(21823 posts)
This isn't my favorite salsa - it just works well as a base material for the chili.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(21823 posts)
My salsa (I forget the name right now) is literally 5g carbs per 1/2c :)

Username hidden
(17355 posts)
I consider myself a foodie. Not so much because I eat a lot of food. Mine is more about the quality of food that I enjoy. Last Sunday I went to a nice riverside restaurant and had 1/2 doz. raw clams and oysters and the bartender made me the most wonderful Margarita with Patron and Grand Marnier on the rocks! That was a great afternoon. Then I can be happy with some really good prepared wings and things; a good bison burger and I am nuts for a rib eye. I had a great porterhouse steak, which I made at home. Actually, I like my own cooking better than any restaurant.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(4261 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 404   End
TOPIC: Recipe Sharing