Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Recent Movies
TOPIC: Recent_Movies
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »
7 to 16 of 88
User Details are only visible to members.
The saucer sled scene in Christmas vacation is one of my all time favorites.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1299 posts)
Next week their will be kids over so we will watch The Grinch. Did you hear the back story on that? Mrs Dr. Seuss rejected 2 or 3 original versions of the film. She said if she couldn't take her grandchildren to see it it would never be filmed.

Lake Butler FL
Username hidden
(153 posts)
A Christmas Story, It's A Wonderful Life & Merry Christmas Charlie Brown are our favorites. Have them all on DVD.

Princeton NJ
Username hidden
(2924 posts)
We dug in to our holiday movies collection and watched Christmas Vacation last night. She had never seen it. She loved it. Sticking with the Chevy Chase theme we followed with Caddy Shack. Another first viewing for her. Another hit. Tonight's feature film is one neither of us have seen. It is Krumpus. She loved horror movies. Me not so much but it looks good.

Lake Butler FL
Username hidden
(153 posts)
captain, i agree that dr strange was much better than i expected it to be, and cumberbatch rocked the role.

OnT: allied ~ really well done

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(14195 posts)
As a comic nerd at one point in my life (still am to a certain extent), I am enjoying most of the current MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) movies.

I went to the movies fully expecting to be disappointed by Dr. Strange. Iron Man 3, Thor: Dark World, and Captain America: Winter soldier just weren't up to snuff. (The latter in that trio was better than the other two.) I expected to be ticked off at Tilda Swinton being cast as the Ancient One. I found myself not caring about her at all. Cumberbatch just pulled it off so well that the obvious plot holes didn't matter.

I came away very, very surprised by how good it was.

Odenton MD
Username hidden
(36 posts)
I'm up all hours suffering with a cold. Early morning got caught up watching Fast Times At Ridgemont High. Been years since I seen that one. That Phoebe Cates was hot!

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6152 posts)
We saw " Mike and Dave need wedding dates." Last night with a house full of people. What a funny movie!

Lake Butler FL
Username hidden
(153 posts)
Good to hear they didn't screw it up too badly. I'm torn about seeing it. It seems a bit more like sacrilege than just typical exploitation of nostalgia to revamp a movie like that. I mean it's crazy that something so fundamentally low budget and completely off the wall, particularly for the time, would strike such a chord with so many different people.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1299 posts)
Yes. Sad to see him in that state, but glad he was included.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(20593 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »
7 to 16 of 88
TOPIC: Recent Movies
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.