Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Recent Movies
TOPIC: Recent_Movies
Created by: wildlife
Original Starting post for this thread:
Since there was a Star Wars post, I didn't want to interfere with that subject, but as always, the summer movie season is here. This past weekend, we went to see Cinderella Man with Russell Crowe and thought it was a fantastic movie. There are many I would like to see that are coming out or have come out in the past few weeks. Has anyone seen the new version of The Longest Yard?

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »
1 to 10 of 77
User Details are only visible to members.
As a comic nerd at one point in my life (still am to a certain extent), I am enjoying most of the current MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) movies.

I went to the movies fully expecting to be disappointed by Dr. Strange. Iron Man 3, Thor: Dark World, and Captain America: Winter soldier just weren't up to snuff. (The latter in that trio was better than the other two.) I expected to be ticked off at Tilda Swinton being cast as the Ancient One. I found myself not caring about her at all. Cumberbatch just pulled it off so well that the obvious plot holes didn't matter.

I came away very, very surprised by how good it was.

Odenton MD
Username hidden
(34 posts)
I'm up all hours suffering with a cold. Early morning got caught up watching Fast Times At Ridgemont High. Been years since I seen that one. That Phoebe Cates was hot!

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6057 posts)
We saw " Mike and Dave need wedding dates." Last night with a house full of people. What a funny movie!

Lake Butler FL
Username hidden
(103 posts)
Good to hear they didn't screw it up too badly. I'm torn about seeing it. It seems a bit more like sacrilege than just typical exploitation of nostalgia to revamp a movie like that. I mean it's crazy that something so fundamentally low budget and completely off the wall, particularly for the time, would strike such a chord with so many different people.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1241 posts)
Yes. Sad to see him in that state, but glad he was included.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(20545 posts)
She loved that Tim Curry was the narrator. Even though he had a stroke they were still able to let him be a part of the movie.

Lake Butler FL
Username hidden
(103 posts)
The Mrs. said the same thing but still quoted every line and sang every word.

Lake Butler FL
Username hidden
(103 posts)
I was not impressed by the new RHPS.

Laverne Cox seemed to be affecting a fake British accent, which distracted me the whole movie...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(20545 posts)
We saw the new Rocky Horror Picture Show. The Mrs. has the original movie, and the soundtrack. Her take on it was: The original remains one of her favorite movies of all time but it was very good. Thumbs up!

Lake Butler FL
Username hidden
(103 posts)
It's not a recent movie, but in honor of today:

"Election" with Matthew Broderick and Reese Witherspoon.

That movie makes me laugh my balls off. It is so goddamn funny.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25966 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »
1 to 10 of 77
TOPIC: Recent Movies
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.