RACISM-A long way to go here on SLS : Swingers Discussion 2190371061
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumRACISM-A long way to go here on SLS
TOPIC: RACISM-A long way to go here on SLS
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 228   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I get that. I'm just saying that almost every time this topic comes up someone always says, "My brother, neighbor, cousin, whoever got turned away because they needed to fill a quota. Some unqualified minority got the job or accepted to this university. At one time that was a valid arguement. Not so much today.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2668 posts)
In CopNKitten's scenario, it would seem that they were aware of the test scores of all applicants.

the people in the class werent aware of everyones score. the black guy knew his score was over 1000, and the guy with #1 was in the class. with only about 90 people starting in the class, that was a big gap. he himself was wondering why, since they were told there was no separate lists, and they admitted that there was. yes he passed the test to be there, but i would feel more comfortable with someone MORE qualified to back up my hubby.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2042 posts)
"Not that it's possible to give you a bigger head or anything, but dood, youz kewl!"

:-)

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
"Why do people assume the minority candidate wasn't the most qualified? Were they privy to the test scores of all the applicants?"

In CopNKitten's scenario, it would seem that they were aware of the test scores of all applicants. If I understand it correctly, there's basically a "White Dude" list and then another list for "Everyone Else."

They take X number of candidates from the WD list and Y number of candidates from the EE list.

Now it's probable that the highest scoring people from the EE list were among the highest scoring individuals from both groups and were getting selected anyway. But when you've got say 5 vacancies left to fill and 2 more minority quotas to go with it, if 2 of the next 5 highest scores in the entire group aren't minorities, then a couple of people are going to get passed.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
*Haha. Far be it from me to defend racist pieces of shit, but if bigots wanna swing then who am I to tell them not to. They won't swing with me, but if they find other like minded racist swingers out there, then they could turn a klan rally into a hooded orgy for all I care. *

Not that it's possible to give you a bigger head or anything, but dood, youz kewl!

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
Why do people assume the minority candidate wasn't the most qualified? Were they privy to the test scores of all the applicants?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2668 posts)
"than someone put into the class that may not have been qualified."

Make no mistake about it, the overwhelming majority of the time when a minority candidate is hired for a position, he/she is qualified to do the job. He/she just might not be the most qualified. It's not like companies are filling minority quotas by hiring random dudes off the street.

"Fascinating, we have so many experts on what swinging is, who should or shouldn't swing."

Haha. Far be it from me to defend racist pieces of shit, but if bigots wanna swing then who am I to tell them not to. They won't swing with me, but if they find other like minded racist swingers out there, then they could turn a klan rally into a hooded orgy for all I care.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
I'm certainly of the mindset that the best person for the job should get the job.

totally agree. when hubby was in the academy with #33 score, a black guy asked why he was in the class with a score over 1000. he was told that they take so many off the white list and so many off the black/minority list. not fair if you ask me. i sure would rather have someone qualified to back my hubby up than someone put into the class that may not have been qualified.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2042 posts)
Fascinating, we have so many experts on what swinging is, who should or shouldn't swing. Winks at Mr.Jinx!

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
Not sure how affirmative action became a part of this discussion, but lets all keep in mind, lest there is any misconceptions, that the biggest recipients of Affirmative action in the US, are WHITE WOMEN, by far. The other thing to remember it that it only affects the PUBLIC, not the private sector directly, except in cases of preference to Government contractors In many, dare I say MOST of these cases, it is a spouse of a WHITE MALE serving as a shill "owner", so in these cases, WHITE MALES are the leading recipient. ......The more you know..... As to the idea that if race is an issue in your life, this is not the Lifestyle for you...I agree 100%

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3841 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 228   End
TOPIC: RACISM-A long way to go here on SLS