Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum RACISM-A long way to go here on SLS
TOPIC: RACISM-A long way to go here on SLS
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 225   End
User Details are only visible to members.
SED's a trouble maker..

A hot one at that ;)~

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8085 posts)
Thank you, SWG

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(17093 posts)
when you talk about America beauty contest I think it's completely fake. all the time win girl who is last on my list.

Newport News VA
Username hidden
(1170 posts)
I would not take part in a Ms America beauty contest not because of any racism. But because its demeaning to women.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(17093 posts)
No offense to your grandmother, but the KKK did not invent beauty pageants. They've been around longer than the KKK.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20274 posts)
we were beginning to think that my son was racist, against white people, when he was younger. he never had a white friend over, always asian or black. he brought a black girl to the prom. growing up in the city here it seems white people are the minority, but i guess we raised him ok because of that.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2120 posts)
I pretty much have the opposite ideals, values, practices and opinions and beliefs than what I was raised with, including how I parent vs how I was "parented." So, instead of being ingrained with racism (my brother had two confederate flags flying proudly on the ramshackle porch he built onto his double wide, no kidding), I inherently inside myself knew that what my parents and "kinfolk" were spouting went against everything my heart and mind told me were instead true. Same with politics and religion, actually.

Did I say yet that I was adopted? ha.

I've walked out of many conversations. Spoke up at a few of them. And disdain the proud ignorance of people who really should've known better.

But of course, they're all "Christians," bless their hearts.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7532 posts)
I've said before and I'll gladly say again: I really long for the day when color/ethnic origin are merely descriptive adjectives like saying "the lady with long hair", "the dude with glasses", "the kid with the blue tee shirt", etc. I am from the deep South, but that's the way I was raised and I try to treat all people with a base level of respect and adjust up/down based on personal merit.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10727 posts)
"Some unqualified minority got the job or accepted to this university. At one time that was a valid arguement. Not so much today."

I disagree. I don't think that was ever a valid argument, even in the beginning stages of affirmative action. Maybe 10% of the time (or less) there was a case of someone who was not even minimally qualified for a job/college who still got accepted strictly to fill a quota, but the overwhelming majority of AA hires are taking perfectly qualified applicants, even if they aren't the "best" qualified.

It's not like companies are pulling a black dude from the mail room to be the new VP of Accounting because they need a minority executive.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3205 posts)
I get that. I'm just saying that almost every time this topic comes up someone always says, "My brother, neighbor, cousin, whoever got turned away because they needed to fill a quota. Some unqualified minority got the job or accepted to this university. At one time that was a valid arguement. Not so much today.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 225   End
TOPIC: RACISM-A long way to go here on SLS