RACISM-A long way to go here on SLS : Swingers Discussion 2190371041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumRACISM-A long way to go here on SLS
TOPIC: RACISM-A long way to go here on SLS
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 228   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"those comments don't suggest there's no racism outside my family or my state. I'm just commenting on what I know about. I thought that's the way to communicate -- to talk about what you know."

I fully appreciate that, which is why I went back to clarify that I was in no way making excuses for racism here by pointing it out elsewhere.

"In fact, making the argument sort of derails any hope of change."

Yes and no. All I meant to say is that this is part of the human condition. All animals have an instinct to react with curiosity, wariness, and hostility to the unfamiliar, depending on how they are presented to them. Humans are no different. We have a constant uphill battle to combat racism, because we are fighting some of our own instincts.

I disagree with the notion that racism is exclusively a learned behavior. If that were the case, in principle it could be eradicated forever by getting rid of every last racist. But how could it arise in the first place? Sort of a chicken and the egg problem. It's not like Buddhism or Islam where one person kicked off an entire philosophy which spread exponentially. It's a consequence of the human condition, one which we will be (and should be) fighting with for the remainder of our species' time on this planet. Or any planet. That last bit was for Robert and Z.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19062 posts)
"America is paradise in comparison with, for example Russia, France, Egypt, Turkey."

"This is completely true! " =====

There are French racists? Horrors! Since we don't know how to measure racism in America, I don't know how we'd compare to another civilized country. In many ways, France is considered a desirable place to live.

Most Americans would not prefer to live in Russia, Egypt, or Turkey, for many reasons unrelated to racist culture. But how does it affect your view of your neighbors and compatriots, that there are some medieval cultures out there? Doesn't it make you want to be less like that?

If I said, "There's a long tradition of racism in my family", or "... in my state", those comments don't suggest there's no racism outside my family or my state. I'm just commenting on what I know about. I thought that's the way to communicate -- to talk about what you know.

You could say, "Well, the people next door are the REAL racists on the block, so we are fine by comparison". But in fact, it changes you not one bit for the better. In fact, making the argument sort of derails any hope of change.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Seriously? A gay person gets preferential treatment in hiring?

Right? I would like to say i am surprised at the ignorance, but I am actually not

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3841 posts)
Diversity, man...

Different country, bear in mind.....

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19062 posts)
"We could improve our chances dramatically by turning gay or getting grievously injured."

Seriously? A gay person gets preferential treatment in hiring?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Damn, I'm slipping.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16796 posts)
Cunt, would have been hotter :)

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
"I would not take part in a Ms America beauty contest not because of any racism. But because its demeaning to women. "

Get on your knees woman!

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16796 posts)
"I would not take part in a Ms America beauty contest not because of any racism. But because its demeaning to women."

Demeaning would be if the "competition" included a test of housekeeping skills such as sewing, cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc, etc. Miss America and other pageants are really just insulting more than demeaning, imo.

They need to update their criteria to remain relevant, imo. Basically, they need to modernize it so that the modern woman is showcased rather than some dimwitted debutant who is incapable of completing a coherent thought: youtube. com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

Yeah, we've all seen it before, but it really never gets old.

Give me a pageant where women have to throw a football, open a bottle of beer using a BIC lighter, and quote The Godfather. Oh, and they should all weigh more than 103lbs.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
What's wrong with a bunch of girls that want "world peace"? lol

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10693 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 228   End
TOPIC: RACISM-A long way to go here on SLS