RACISM-A long way to go here on SLS : Swingers Discussion 21903710101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumRACISM-A long way to go here on SLS
TOPIC: RACISM-A long way to go here on SLS
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... More 
Start   101 to 110 of 228   End
User Details are only visible to members.
So what is your point Sofia?

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(2134 posts)
Nicely worded posts only do so much good. One can see the truth behind the carefully constructed claims of acceptance, tolerance, and demanding better from people. It is not the one or two carefully constructed posts you write that demonstrates who you are inside and what you project outward to people. It is the constant theme found in all your posts that give credence to your reputation. If you are accepting to one group of people different from you, you are more likely to be accepting to all people. The opposite is also true, you spew hate against people that are different from you for other reasons than just race, then that is the true person you are, hate filled and judgmental for no justified reason. Hence--racism, discrimination, hate, and so on...

I am white so I am not the victim of racism but I have been discriminated against for other reasons. I have had friends and family members that have been victims of racism. It is not the overt racism that hurts as much as the racism that comes from people 'pretending' to be accepting of others while attacking everyone. Attacking people in any manner by categorizing them in a general and negative light for one's own enjoyment is the heart of the mindset of racism.

There is a theory that goes something like this, 'what you believe, what you think, what you are comes out of ones mouth and behaviors more clearly, more succinctly, more damaging that the person realizes'. Other people may have heard a theory something like this, 'want to know what the parents are like, pay attention to the children, they mimic every word and action that occurs in the house.'

You lose credibility by the cumulative opinions of your posts (words and actions in 'real life'), you don't gain it by one or two posts that show a 'fake' version of the real you.

Sophia

Hendersonville NC

Username hidden
(1127 posts)
It's true, racism knows no national borders, but it does have cultural borders, and those borders exist along the lines of where it is tolerated and where it is not. In my own small way, I don't befriend racists, I don't associate with racists, to the extent it is possible, I don't do business with racists, and when I see and hear racism, I call it out...LOUD...and if it is within my means to help squash it...I do what I can. I am never intimidated by those who say "You are playing the race card", and in fact, 9 times out of 10 the person uttering those words can be safely and confidently placed in the racist category.

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
True, dat. We just deal here with the culture we have, and any subcultures we may invent. The irony of American racism is that Europeans -- white people, that is -- came here and subjugated the Natives and imported the Africans, and we now live here with the descendants of these and others who have come.

There may have been a perverse purpose at one time, to thinking it's OK to exterminate Indians (so we can have their land) and enslave Africans (so we can get rich on others' work). And now there's no real justification whatsoever. It's just counterproductive. It's just a dead-end tradition.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I say this business about racism being a largely American phenomenon is utter bullshit.

I have known many people from all over the world and the attitudes I hear from other cultures is atrocious.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17652 posts)
There's a long tradition of racism in America, and tradition is a hard thing to lose. Our culture exalts traditionalism, regionalism, and pride, as attitudes worth having for their own sake.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
SexusNTexas ...you're hasty retreat was exactly the way to handle it. Things change and people change only when their behavior and attitudes are rejected and become unacceptable. Racism exists both in the lifestyle and in society in general because people tolerate it, and even defend it. Some say we need to "educate" people out of racism..it will never work Social injunction, rejection and isolation can do in a month what "education" can take decades to do.

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
We met one couple at one of the clubs supposedly "jerk free," VA, and all went okay until the second time we met them, and we were sitting talking w/ the wife of the couple and she said with utter disdain, "I can't believe they let 'them' in here. That's just so wrong." Before I could ask her what "them" she meant and why, she stated her contempt for interracial couples.

We made a hasty exit from her and never looked back. Wow. I hate when I'm still surprised by ANYTHING people say or do or think anymore. We did say, "we don't think the way you do." before we left her sitting there.

No place is safe from "jerks" and racists and bigots and assholes. But we can keep trying to weed them out of our personal lives. The crowd you "run with," VA, is the crowd we know and love and lust. And miss.

Bring them down to party with us sometime.

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(7131 posts)
Vabeach...no damage control here...no damage TO control...just some sound advice.

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
We have never had any problem meeting or playing with any couple of any race as long as we "liked them as people", that seems to be our big criteria. We have had some of our best times with a couple we met at Desires and they were an absolutely beautiful afro american couple, more importantly they were smart fun playful and respected boundaries (what few we have LOL). There is something very erotic about being with people that are different than us in some way. Also we find it certainly opens up far more possibilities.

Milford NJ

Username hidden
(112 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... More 
Start   101 to 110 of 228   End
TOPIC: RACISM-A long way to go here on SLS