RACISM-A long way to go here on SLS : Swingers Discussion 219037101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumRACISM-A long way to go here on SLS
TOPIC: RACISM-A long way to go here on SLS
Created by: WHOLESOMEGOODNESS The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 225   End
User Details are only visible to members.
There is a new group holding their first event here is the Chicago area which touts itself as a group for "Interracial couples" I'm a bit conflicted on what I think about this. My first thought was they don't really mean "interracial", they mean Black male White female...(An Asian and a Caucasian for example, would also be inter racial)

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Sweet: Ignorance and FEAR is so pervasive. Here is a hug!

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3304 posts)
Sweet,

Sorry to hear of your experiences. I don't know what to say other than that sucks. I wish things like that didn't happen, but unfortunately it does more often than we realize.

I am glad you shared that on here. It demonstrates that even whites experience the pain of racism, maybe not the same but just as painful.

Sophia

Hendersonville NC
Username hidden
(1127 posts)
No, it didn't. I'm just amazed SLS's spell checker is OK with "grok", but not OK with "statism".

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19822 posts)
VB, you have to be at least partly right. He had never seen a female human before he was 'rescued' back here. But he had the attitude that the Martians had.

For some reason I recently remembered this book and how it inspired me when I was 13 or so. As in all sci-fi, the characters are one-dimensional; and the social implications are oversimplified. But what adolescent male doesn't like the concept?

Grok -- it never really caught on as a mainstream term. It's just a geek cult classic.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Outdoors: Your last sentence is some funny shit!

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3304 posts)
It's been a long time since I grokked it, but I seem to remember it being the other way around - Earthlings introduced sex to him.

Amazing - grokked is recognized as a word by spell check. btw I loved the concept of that book, but 2/3 of the way in it began to bore me.

"THIS.... IS... NOT... A... MAN!!!!"

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19822 posts)
In the Robert Heinlein sci-fi novel, Stranger in a Strange Land, a human has been raised by Martians, and he knows nothing of Earth culture.

He does not fit in, to say the least. He's also way more advanced than every Earthling. One of the customs he introduces is free sex. Swinging, it now seems.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Y'all, I read this this very moring and feel it ties in to this topic interestingly enough. Pull up an article on Darius Rucker responds to racist tweet. I like the way he not only exposed the person making the remark, but handled it so well, too. There is nothing like what I call the 'daylight cure'.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10715 posts)
Kibbles, my spiritual father says "nothing just happens." We may have come upon one another in a very unique way (lol). However, I believe God is everywhere and even in these strange forums we can be a helpmate to each other. I know I got off topic. I have to say that on this site, I haven't encountered any negativity where this issue is concerned. If I read a profile and they say they don't date outside of their race, I respect their position and move on. There are so many people looking to meet folks that it's a waste of time to be concerned.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3304 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 225   End
TOPIC: RACISM-A long way to go here on SLS