Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes : Swingers Discussion 1310801062
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumQuote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
TOPIC: Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   62 to 71 of 4396   End
User Details are only visible to members.
All this puts me in mind of one of my favorite quotes by one of the most delightful authors:" Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind"~ Theodor S. Geisel AKA Dr. Seuss

Mcallen TX

Username hidden
(9934 posts)
That's why I said "to a certain extent."

I'm only willing/capable of idiot-proofing my commentary to a certain extent. I try to be as clear and concise as possible to minimize doubt and confusion, but sometimes people are idiots and still don't get it. There's nothing you can do about them other than ask them for extra cheese and to hold the mayo.

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3161 posts)
"A rider who doesn't ride is already dead inside"

On a happier side, "I have never seen a good day that couldn't be made better on three wheels"

Albuquerque NM

Username hidden
(11 posts)
cpl, I used to make my living as a communicator. I know, funny, right? anyway, if there is one thing I know to be fact , it is this. whether written or spoken, you do the best you can to convey your message. typically at best, the majority will get the message as you intended. but no matter what lengths you go to, there will always be a few who will come back to you with what they got out of what you said, and it will leave you scratching your head.

Orlando FL

Username hidden
(3873 posts)
“Man can never know the loneliness a woman knows. Man lies in the woman's womb only to gather strength, he nourishes himself from this fusion, and then he rises and goes into the world, into his work, into battle, into art. He is not lonely. He is busy. The memory of the swim in amniotic fluid gives him energy, completion. Woman may be busy too, but she feels empty. Sensuality for her is not only a wave of pleasure in which she is bathed, and a charge of electric joy at contact with another. When man lies in her womb, she is fulfilled, each act of love a taking of man within her, an act of birth and rebirth, of child rearing and man bearing. Man lies in her womb and is reborn each time anew with a desire to act, to be. But for woman, the climax is not in the birth, but in the moment man rests inside of her.”

- Anaïs Nin, The Diary of Anaïs Nin, Vol. 1: 1931-1934

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16520 posts)
With you, Cpl.

Why else are we taught in school to communicate. That's what Language Arts is all about. I've been drilling this into my kids from day one!

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16520 posts)
Interesting quote SA. I actually disagree with it to a certain extent. When I say something, it's my responsibility to make sure the meaning or point is understood by the person(s) I am speaking to. This is why I generally follow up nearly everything I say with a confirmation question such as "Do you understand?" or "See what I'm saying? or "Got it?" The only responsibility of the listener is to ask for clarification if they are confused.

People in general really suck at communicating their thoughts or intents and they tend to leave a lot more open to interpretation than they realize. I can't really blame anyone for misinterpreting something I said because chances are, I left the door open for misinterpretation in the first place.

Capiche? ;-)

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3161 posts)
"Take the risk of thinking for yourself--much more happiness, truth, beauty and wisdom will come to you that way"

Christopher Hitchens

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(7870 posts)
I'm responsible for what I say--you're responsible for how you understand it.

FB

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(7870 posts)
"If you can't love yourself, how the HELL you gonna love someone else?"~RuPaul

Mcallen TX

Username hidden
(9934 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   62 to 71 of 4396   End
TOPIC: Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes