Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
TOPIC: Quote_of_the_Day_-_Meaningful,_provocative_and_amusing_quotes
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 844  Next »
41 to 50 of 8434
User Details are only visible to members.
"All we can do is keep trying to effect positive change."

...amen

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(16837 posts)
Good4, sadly, I agree. All we can do is keep trying to effect positive change.

Fair Oaks TX
Username hidden
(12235 posts)
Amen!

I do celebrate the 4th though and what it means to me. It's when my family came together. Many are gone now and new ones in their place.

Happy to 4th! To my family and friends. May you cherish this time together and leave all your hardships if just for one day.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(8651 posts)
"What, to the American slave, is your Fourth of July? I answer; a day that reveals to him, more than all other days in the year, the gross injustice and cruelty to which he is the constant victim. To him, your celebration is a sham; your boasted liberty, an unholy license; your national greatness, swelling vanity; your sounds of rejoicing are empty and heartless; your denunciation of tyrants, brass fronted impudence; your shouts of liberty and equality, hollow mockery; your prayers and hymns, your sermons and thanksgivings, with all your religious parade and solemnity, are, to Him, mere bombast, fraud, deception, impiety, and hypocrisy — a thin veil to cover up crimes which would disgrace a nation of savages. There is not a nation on the earth guilty of practices more shocking and bloody than are the people of the United States, at this very hour."  ~ Frederick Douglass, July 5, 1852

To Black Americans and people of Black or Brown skin color, living in America, these words are as true today as when they were first spoken

Worcester MA
Username hidden
(45 posts)
When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us. —Helen Keller

CT - Glad to be of assistance.

Be Well!

Worcester MA
Username hidden
(45 posts)
Not sure if this has been posted before, but saw this recently and made me LOL:

Bumper sticker with a pic of a big grinned George W., caption - "Do You Miss Me Now?"

Parsippany NJ
Username hidden
(1085 posts)
Good4,

Thanks. Right you are!

"If we see you SMOKING, we will assume you are ON FIRE, and we will TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION"

~Sign in a Baskin Robbins shop years ago

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(2054 posts)
"Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities." ~ Aldous Huxley

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(16837 posts)
"WHAT, JUST BECAUSE WE'RE BEREAVED DOESN'T MEAN WE'RE SAPS!"

--Walter Sobchak

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(14013 posts)
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. —Plato

p.s. Currentrider ~ I think you are a couple years early on your anniversary commemoration -The Stonewall Riot - Jun 28, 1969

Worcester MA
Username hidden
(45 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 844  Next »
41 to 50 of 8434
TOPIC: Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.