Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
TOPIC: Quote_of_the_Day_-_Meaningful,_provocative_and_amusing_quotes
« Prev  1 ...  371  372  373  374  375  376  377  378  379  380  ... 854  Next »
3751 to 3760 of 8533
User Details are only visible to members.
Peeing is like a good book that it is very, very hard to stop once you start.

Username hidden
(196 posts)
No one has ever made themselves great by showing how small some one else is

Irvin himmel

Username hidden
(196 posts)
"Vitality shows not only in the ability to persist, but in the ability to start over."

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(18093 posts)
All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances, And one man in his time plays many parts

Shakespeare

Username hidden
(8467 posts)
"No good!"--the opinion of counsel re: the opposition's ludicrous recent proposal

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(17248 posts)
If you cannot answer a man's argument, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names.

Username hidden
(196 posts)
"Martinis are like breasts: one's not enough and three's too many"~ the Greaseman

Fair Oaks TX
Username hidden
(12295 posts)
Before someone sends me bad vibes for being an arrogant rich person I was just reading some old Franklin quotes and came across this. I thought it was interesting that the exact same social issues were so similar in the 1700s. None of this is new.

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I traveled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." On the Price of Corn and Management of the Poor[5] (29 November 1766). _Ben Franklin

Username hidden
(2809 posts)
"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." Marcel Proust

Memphis TN
Username hidden
(5932 posts)
"I have often had the impression that, to penguins, man is just another penguin----different, less predictable, occasionally violent, but tolerable company when he sits still and minds his own business." -Bernard Stonehouse

Forward from Bloom County Babylon Five Years of Naughtiness by Berkley Breathed

Anchorage AK
Username hidden
(1100 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  371  372  373  374  375  376  377  378  379  380  ... 854  Next »
3751 to 3760 of 8533
TOPIC: Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.