Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes : Swingers Discussion 131080103741
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumQuote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
TOPIC: Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
GoTo Page: Less ... 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 ... More 
Start   3741 to 3750 of 5002   End
User Details are only visible to members.
there is nothing like calling an idiot a fucking retard. plain and simple.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2157 posts)
I personally find that word insulting, however one can't spend five minutes in Southie (South Boston) without hearing someone say "thats retahded". It's used very loosely around here.

It goes with "wicked" and "pissah" too.

S Yarmouth MA
Username hidden
(298 posts)
Well, I said it depends on circumstance.

I'd never call a retarded person a 'retard'. I would call a person who seemingly is in the spectrum of normal intelligence a retard when they act in a foolish manner. It was funny as hell in 'The Hangover'.

It's mostly funny when Chris Rock says the N-word.

I just can't label words as 'good' or 'bad'.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16713 posts)
"It is every mans obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it." ~ Albert Einstein .... Always liked this one

S Yarmouth MA
Username hidden
(298 posts)
Erica, I understand where you are coming from. I had a relative who worked in a center for handicapped. I was often around them and knew them for wonderful people. But I do not believe that most people use that word in that sense, or the word has attained a new social meaning. That said if the said party was slighting those people would make them severely socially challenged. It is ironic though that such a challenged person throws around the phrase.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
Don't you find it ironic that someone severely mentally compromised would use the word so casually to attempt to insult others?

I think there are certain words ( and I'm not promoting PC) that just out of respect, can be avoided and still achieve the same message.

Retard or any variation thereof is one for me.

Cuyahoga Falls OH
Username hidden
(2087 posts)
I'm OK with the word 'retard'. I can't think of any words that I'm not OK with under the right circumstance.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16713 posts)
I find the frivolous use of the word 'retard' to be incredibly ignorant and without class.

In a circumstance where I thought anything at all about a person, I would think less of them seeing they had used it in such a fashion as mockery or taunting. Just as bad would be a lame, LAME joke.

Cuyahoga Falls OH
Username hidden
(2087 posts)
It is just a few posts it should be relatively easy to ignore. How is bitching about bitching any different?

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him”

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

Will someone be big enough to let it go please?

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5258 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 ... More 
Start   3741 to 3750 of 5002   End
TOPIC: Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes