Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
TOPIC: Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
GoTo Page: Less ... 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 ... More 
Start   3701 to 3710 of 5475   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Show a differing conclusive answer then

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9712 posts)
Yahoo answers is a great source.

- JimmyJam our local stoner-

Riverside CA
Username hidden
(184 posts)
I didn't think diarrhea of the mouse was contagious but clearly it has reached epidemic proportions for a few individuals .

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5501 posts)
Let Ye Who NEVER copy and pasted Cast the first Stone......

Me,

It seems many here love to copy and paste and claim anothers work as thier own, In some places that could be called plagiarism.

Look that one up..... I think that fits quite a few people

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9712 posts)
Mrs Sav, I know not much but I know what I know. LOL.

I had to do a double check when I read the rebuttle this am. I love those who proclaim to know all, yet fail to produce anything to confirm the truth, nor seek a Real answer.

When I copy and paste I do not try to Make out like I did the research myself, like some who attempt to sound superior in their usual sermons.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9712 posts)
That was a copy and paste from Yahoo. Seen the same. ********* Monday January 15, 2001 Previous | Next Dear Yahoo!: Who said, "Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"? John Greenville, South Carolina Dear John: This was a tougher nut to crack than we originally thought. Not only could we not find a definite answer to your question, we couldn't even confirm the exact wording of the quote. Searches on "better to keep your mouth closed" and "better to remain silent" (using the quotation marks in both cases) turned up numerous web pages, all offering different versions of the phrase. Some sources quoted the saying as "It's far better...", some substituted the words "stupid," "ignorant," or "simpleton" for the word "fool," and still others twisted the saying into an almost unrecognizable form.

A page titled Mark Twain and the Mutating Quote attributed at least four variations of the same phrase to the eminently quotable Twain, explaining that it was a case of "split personality" that accounted for the variations, rather than a rash of misquotes.

Other pages suggested a number of other authors for the saying, including: Abraham Lincoln, George Eliot, Groucho Marx, Albert Einstein, and a mysterious figure named Silvan Engel.

In an attempt to solve this proverbial puzzle, we paid a visit to Bartleby. com, home to the online version of Familiar Quotations. Unfortunately, after searching on a number of possible keywords and potential authors, we couldn't find a single reference to this quote.

All the confusion and disagreement surrounding both the author and the wording of this saying led us to suspect that it may be a simple maxim, not attributable to any single person -- which is not to question its wisdom.

Editor's Note: Thanks to all of our scholarly and well-read readers who wrote in to suggest Proverbs 17:28 as a possible source of this quote.

Riverside CA
Username hidden
(184 posts)
"I wish a motherfucker would!"

goliath, seeing david pick up a couple of rocks.

Port Canaveral FL
Username hidden
(5337 posts)
Looking , At least you speak with some knowledge too, many around here it seems graduated with honors with a YouTube Degree .

In any event no matter who said or how many said I LOVE that line !

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5501 posts)
I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday. ? Abraham Lincoln

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9712 posts)
Big Storm- Perhaps this can clear up a few things for you regarding the quote you claimed was misquoted-

*Who said, "Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"? This was a tougher nut to crack than we originally thought. Not only could we not find a definite answer to your question, we couldn't even confirm the exact wording of the quote. Searches on "better to keep your mouth closed" and "better to remain silent" (using the quotation marks in both cases) turned up numerous web pages, all offering different versions of the phrase. Some sources quoted the saying as "It's far better...", some substituted the words "stupid," "ignorant," or "simpleton" for the word "fool," and still others twisted the saying into an almost unrecognizable form.

A page titled Mark Twain and the Mutating Quote attributed at least four variations of the same phrase to the eminently quotable Twain, explaining that it was a case of "split personality" that accounted for the variations, rather than a rash of misquotes.

Other pages suggested a number of other authors for the saying, including: Abraham Lincoln, George Eliot, Groucho Marx, Albert Einstein, and a mysterious figure named Silvan Engel.

In an attempt to solve this proverbial puzzle, we paid a visit to Bartleby (DOT)com, home to the online version of Familiar Quotations. Unfortunately, after searching on a number of possible keywords and potential authors, we couldn't find a single reference to this quote.

All the confusion and disagreement surrounding both the author and the wording of this saying led us to suspect that it may be a simple maxim, not attributable to any single person -- which is not to question its wisdom. *

No apologies needed, and Now you have the whole story .

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9712 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 ... More 
Start   3701 to 3710 of 5475   End
TOPIC: Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes