Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
TOPIC: Quote_of_the_Day_-_Meaningful,_provocative_and_amusing_quotes
« Prev  1 ...  360  361  362  363  364  365  366  367  368  369  ... 838  Next »
3641 to 3650 of 8378
User Details are only visible to members.
NJNY...

I think alot of men aren't receptive to anything that alters the way their known "environment" flows around them, even if it's something good they may buck it. They have a set way of doing things that works for them, makes them feel "safe" and they know their role in the movie of their life and expect everybody else to continue on as their supporting cast. They will tenaciously cling to the past instead of letting it go and moving forward into a scary and unknown thing called the future.

It appears your STBE doesn't understand when you explain why you no longer wish to be paired with him. In both of my previous relationships, neither male actually understood that message either until they knew I was seeing somebody else.

Since he seems mighty stubborn, do ya think your STBE would get the message if you were to introduce one of your friends to him as your new "girlfriend"?

Maybe not, if he is that stubborn...

Memphis TN
Username hidden
(5903 posts)
Optimist; Someone who expects the best possible outcome. Pessimist; Someone who expects the worst possible outcome. Cynic; A pessimist who has been proven right more often than not.

Username hidden
(780 posts)
When you are truly comfortable with who you really are, not everyone will like you, but you won't care about it one bit.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8394 posts)
Great quote, Carrie. Sorry NJNY.

"We are buried beneath the weight of information, which is being confused with knowledge; Quantity is being confused with abundance, and wealth with happiness.

We are monkeys with money and guns."

Tom Waits

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(13308 posts)
"really?!"

-me, after hearing him ask (again) last night if we could get back together.

head, meet desk.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(16608 posts)
“People think being alone makes you lonely, but I don't think that's true. Being surrounded by the wrong people is the loneliest thing in the world.”

Kim Culbertson

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(18093 posts)
"Life is a constant battle against nature"-- Myself

Boonton NJ
Username hidden
(106 posts)
Shelly Love it!!

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8394 posts)
"Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I’m not perfect and do not live to be; but before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."

~~attributed to Bob Marley

Shelly

Memphis TN
Username hidden
(5903 posts)
Life is not like a box of chocolates. Its more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow!

(Have no idea who said that, but its on my FB wall ;)....

Username hidden
(17355 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  360  361  362  363  364  365  366  367  368  369  ... 838  Next »
3641 to 3650 of 8378
TOPIC: Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.