Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
TOPIC: Quote_of_the_Day_-_Meaningful,_provocative_and_amusing_quotes
« Prev  1 ...  358  359  360  361  362  363  364  365  366  367  ... 795  Next »
3621 to 3630 of 7941
User Details are only visible to members.
cpl, I used to make my living as a communicator. I know, funny, right? anyway, if there is one thing I know to be fact , it is this. whether written or spoken, you do the best you can to convey your message. typically at best, the majority will get the message as you intended. but no matter what lengths you go to, there will always be a few who will come back to you with what they got out of what you said, and it will leave you scratching your head.

Cocoa Beach FL
Username hidden
(8459 posts)
“Man can never know the loneliness a woman knows. Man lies in the woman's womb only to gather strength, he nourishes himself from this fusion, and then he rises and goes into the world, into his work, into battle, into art. He is not lonely. He is busy. The memory of the swim in amniotic fluid gives him energy, completion. Woman may be busy too, but she feels empty. Sensuality for her is not only a wave of pleasure in which she is bathed, and a charge of electric joy at contact with another. When man lies in her womb, she is fulfilled, each act of love a taking of man within her, an act of birth and rebirth, of child rearing and man bearing. Man lies in her womb and is reborn each time anew with a desire to act, to be. But for woman, the climax is not in the birth, but in the moment man rests inside of her.”

- Anaïs Nin, The Diary of Anaïs Nin, Vol. 1: 1931-1934

Username hidden
(17355 posts)
With you, Cpl.

Why else are we taught in school to communicate. That's what Language Arts is all about. I've been drilling this into my kids from day one!

Username hidden
(17355 posts)
Interesting quote SA. I actually disagree with it to a certain extent. When I say something, it's my responsibility to make sure the meaning or point is understood by the person(s) I am speaking to. This is why I generally follow up nearly everything I say with a confirmation question such as "Do you understand?" or "See what I'm saying? or "Got it?" The only responsibility of the listener is to ask for clarification if they are confused.

People in general really suck at communicating their thoughts or intents and they tend to leave a lot more open to interpretation than they realize. I can't really blame anyone for misinterpreting something I said because chances are, I left the door open for misinterpretation in the first place.

Capiche? ;-)

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3294 posts)
"Take the risk of thinking for yourself--much more happiness, truth, beauty and wisdom will come to you that way"

Christopher Hitchens

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8386 posts)
I'm responsible for what I say--you're responsible for how you understand it.

FB

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8386 posts)
"If you can't love yourself, how the HELL you gonna love someone else?"~RuPaul

Fair Oaks TX
Username hidden
(11954 posts)
"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." --Marilyn Monroe

Just how down-to-earth and honest this was appealed to me.

Fair Oaks TX
Username hidden
(11954 posts)
"Before you can hurt my feelings you have to matter"

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5501 posts)
“Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak Arabic, love music and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers and warriors.”

Hunter S. Thompson

Cocoa Beach FL
Username hidden
(8459 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  358  359  360  361  362  363  364  365  366  367  ... 795  Next »
3621 to 3630 of 7941
TOPIC: Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.