Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
TOPIC: Quote_of_the_Day_-_Meaningful,_provocative_and_amusing_quotes
« Prev  1 ...  358  359  360  361  362  363  364  365  366  367  ... 678  Next »
3621 to 3630 of 6777
User Details are only visible to members.
Exactly! It wasn't clear and I could read it both ways: either you being wickedly tongue-in-cheek and saying that as a sly wink at "asianeyes" {and to see if anyone's paying attention}...OR the whole thing being a quote, which it apparently happens to be. Either way, it was good.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(11393 posts)
The account is that of Lipset, the author of the Political Man, he is quoting MLK.

What are you asking exactly?

Username hidden
(17355 posts)
uhm, Sed.....about that.....are you pulling an "asianeyes" on us?....or did I mis-read that and the whole thing was the quote?

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(11393 posts)
"Professional golfers of the Caucasian race, over the age of eighteen years, residing in North or South America, and who have served at least five years in the profession (either in the capacity of a professional or in the employ of a professional as his assistant) shall be eligible for membership.” The PGA (Professional Golfers' Association) Constitution. Under legal pressure, this was removed in 1961. There was a similar "whites only" clause in the mission statement of the USGA (United States Golf Association).

This unthinkable discrimination existed in MY LIFETIME. I admire and appreciate the hard work and sacrifices by brave pioneers like Dr Martin Luther King Jr.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(7111 posts)
Shortly before he was assassinated, Martin Luther King, Jr. was in Boston on a fund-raising mission, and I had the good fortune to attend a dinner which was given for him in Cambridge. This was an experience which was at once fascinating and moving: one witnessed Dr. King in action in a way one never got to see in public. He wanted to find what the Negro students at Harvard and other parts of the Boston area were thinking about various issues, and he very subtly cross-examined them for well over an hour and a half. He asked questions, and said very little himself. One of the young men present happened to make some remark against the Zionists. Dr. King snapped at him and said,

“Don’t talk like that! When people criticize Zionists, they mean Jews. You’re talking anti-Semitism!”

Username hidden
(17355 posts)
*Why do you 'need' an AR-15?

"Why did Rosa Parks 'need' to sit in the front of the bus?"

In a free country there is no requirement to show a 'need' to exercise a right!*

Facebook status.

Username hidden
(17355 posts)
SO CLOSE....yet, so far away!

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(11393 posts)
"I'm proud to be President of the United States."

- Jumpin' Joe Biden, today.

(after some laughter of the audience and someone quietly prodding him)

"I'm proud to be VICE-President of the United States."

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23756 posts)
I didn't ask her about quality socks. She was quite upset, however, at having to pay 21 cents for Mac sauce.

Our little chat lasted around 10 minutes. She thought it was about 1:30 AM, not 3:30, and didn't believe me when I told her. She then wanted to tell me my horoscope. Her birthday is February 18.

I'll never forget you... whoever the fuck you were....

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23756 posts)
Let me guess, a McDonald's parking lot at 3:30 AM is the place to be to find high quality socks.

I know it's not the place to be to find a high quality meal. At least not until the day shift shows up for work.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5363 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  358  359  360  361  362  363  364  365  366  367  ... 678  Next »
3621 to 3630 of 6777
TOPIC: Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.