Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
TOPIC: Quote_of_the_Day_-_Meaningful,_provocative_and_amusing_quotes
« Prev  1 ...  354  355  356  357  358  359  360  361  362  363  ... 818  Next »
3581 to 3590 of 8175
User Details are only visible to members.
Another thread reminded me of this one. No idea who said it but I like it. "The people who work the hardest get the luckiest".

Username hidden
(2809 posts)
"Denny Crane" -Capt Kirk

Username hidden
(2809 posts)
Thank you. I actually developed an emulsion polymer under the working name "Voltaire", mostly because I thought it was a cool-sounding name.

It is expensive but is used from time to time when the price of oil is high enough to justify drilling off the coast of Norway, where the conditions warrant the need for it. I almost blew the whole project because I designed it to comply with EU specs, not appreciating that Norway is not part of the EU and has its own regulatory garbage to deal with. You wouldn't figure that a product named after someone so smart would have been designed by such a dumbass.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(27644 posts)
"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."

--Voltaire, and a tip of the hat to VABeach for reminding us of it

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13744 posts)
"I love children. It sounds great when you say that, but creepy if you get specific. Like - I love 11 year olds."

- Demetri Martin

"Sort of. It means nothing, usually. But sometimes it means everything. Like - "I love you. Sort of." or "You're going to live."

- also Demetri Martin

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(27644 posts)
"We dance even when there's no radio. We drink at funerals. We talk too much and laugh too loud, and live too large and, frankly we're suspicious of others who don't."

- Chris Rose, Author, One Dead in Attic

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12889 posts)
"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be."

John Wayne

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(18093 posts)
"It's a joke not a dick. Don't take it so hard. "~ anonymous

Fair Oaks TX
Username hidden
(12060 posts)
This came from the Natural Awakenings the free magazine at the supermarket:

"The older you get the more you realize it's not what happens, but how you deal with it."

They credit Tina Turner

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7424 posts)
Dood was as funny as his spelling was atrocious. Someone once asked him why he didn't use the site's spellcheck and he replied something like "I told the spellcheck to fuck off and it told me to FU." After I saw him post that several times it finally dawned on me what he was really saying. I don't use spellcheck, but I typed the word "fuck" into a post and ran spellcheck. Yep, this adult site's spellchecker changes "Fuck" to "Fu." Who knew?

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13744 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  354  355  356  357  358  359  360  361  362  363  ... 818  Next »
3581 to 3590 of 8175
TOPIC: Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.