Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes : Swingers Discussion 131080103521
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumQuote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
TOPIC: Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
GoTo Page: Less ... 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 ... More 
Start   3521 to 3530 of 4433   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"It ain't braggin if you really done it."

--Dizzy Dean

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10396 posts)
"Money for nothing and your chicks for free" - Mark K

Lyndhurst NJ

Username hidden
(3580 posts)
Free would mean no cost, would it not? There are and always have been different forms of payment. Even a bum somebody has to pay the cost of their survival.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
What people? Name one society that did not have a barter system of some form?

Necessities for survival are fresh water, food, clothing, tools, shelter. Somewhere along the way money or something of value is going to cross hands, unless it is donated.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
M, I would because I have guns, bows, and the clothing on my back to survive, as well as he knowledge. But in most areas it is against the law to freeload on private or public land. Alaska is probably the only state left where it is legal to set up a home on public land and not pay any fees. Other than picking wild food to survive on free land would still take tools, and other supplies which cost money.

During the depression many people did survive off of the land. Guns were cheap and easy to get, pelts could be sold for shells. Though the pigeon population took a deep dive during this period. Bums today live for free because society does not want to bother with them, but they do not live off the land mostly they dumpster dive.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
"I apologize for my role in helping divert a thread for interesting quotes into a discussion of nutrition and fertilizer."

--Me

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10396 posts)
Deb thanks, I was researching while you were posting~LOL. Though I farm I never took farming in college or I would have known. We were never big on purchasing what we already had on the property or available. I know that we would take a big dump truck to the horse stables for free fertilizer, actually not free we had to use our labor to get it. We tried to raise a good portion of our feed for our cows, but we had so many cows it was impossible to do completely. But growing our own feed corn was a good use of the manure.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
We have never used commercial fertilizers, we use manure mixed with wood compost both plentiful here. Even when we had commercial farms we used manure from the dairy cows for feed grain. I did look and it appears that some fertilizers are nitrogen derived from petroleum by products. But then so are a lot of our major medicines. We have drifted from our original drift from the OP. I thought that it was stated that you could not eat money. And you can though you probably would not survive on it. But it takes at least some amount of money for food unless one is a bum. All of us pay property taxes or rent so even if the land is given to you free you pay something for your food.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
We already own the land , which is not very large, and already pay taxes on it whether we grow food or not , so taxes are a constant regardless . Commercial fertilizers are definitely made from petroleum, nitrogen is derived from I believe LP gas. Large amounts of food can be grown on small plots of land. What we don't grow we can barter and trade with other growers to get different food items . As I stated the biggest reason is, we know What we are eating, not trusting our"gov" to allow chemically enhanced "fit for human consumption" " food " because it gives more profits to factory "farms"at the expense of human lives!! We do also enjoy lots of different berries and other wild plants that are delicious, and growing all around us, provided by mother nature !! Have a Great weekend , and happy eating ;)

Mc Gaheysville VA

Username hidden
(18 posts)
M, you are correct to a point. Land still costs money and there is not enough open land to use, or without legal problems. It is good to garden, it is good to farm, but not everybody can do it in the scale required to live off the land. No matter how you figure it, unless a person is a bum, it costs money to eat.

Now I will say the hobos that live on the keys do eat for free, but they do that by dumpster diving, and killing pigeons, and some land crabs. But somebody pays for the food they take from the dumpsters to lure the crabs and pigeons.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 ... More 
Start   3521 to 3530 of 4433   End
TOPIC: Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes