Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
TOPIC: Quote_of_the_Day_-_Meaningful,_provocative_and_amusing_quotes
« Prev  1 ...  342  343  344  345  346  347  348  349  350  351  ... 761  Next »
3461 to 3470 of 7602
User Details are only visible to members.
"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth." -Muhammed Ali

The dood was multi-faceted.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12203 posts)
"Float like a butterfly sting like a bee" --- Mohammad Ali

Username hidden
(2809 posts)
You sat in the front of the class. While some people may have been making faces behind you, I was the kid trying to read your notes because Sarah Greenberg was wearing a short skirt and I have the attention span of a gnat. That is, until it comes to skirts, or Sarah Greenberg.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12203 posts)
Well, OK maybe you know me well...

Blood is 0.9% NaCl, whereas seawater is normally about 3-ish%.... so his statement is not correct.

There. I did it.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26035 posts)
Oh Dood! Ha! I prefer knowledgeable to pretentious.

...but honestly, tell us you weren't going to give us a little education on CaCL or NaCL...or whichever CL? I'd have to refer to my notes on water chemistry from brewing school to refresh my memory on salts.

I do know that I like a little salty taste once in a while. Usually, on the half shell.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12203 posts)
Jeez... am I that much of a pretentious dick?

Where's NK or the cable guy when you need him....

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26035 posts)
"(Note: Yeah, I know that the chemical similarity between blood and seawater is a bit overstated, but I still like the quote.)"

I have absolutely no idea for whom a disclaimer like this would be meant ;-)

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12203 posts)
Fun!

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(11871 posts)
I don't usually butt dial. Usually if I'm not holding my phone it's in my front pocket or stashed in my bra so I'm either booby dialing or my kitty is dialing.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(11871 posts)
"I really don’t know why it is that all of us are so committed to the sea, except I think it’s because in addition to the fact that the sea changes, and the light changes, and ships change, it’s because we all came from the sea. And it is an interesting biological fact that all of us have, in our veins, the exact same percentage of salt in our blood that exists in the ocean, and, therefore, we have salt in our blood, in our sweat, in our tears. We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea – whether it is to sail or to watch it – we are going back from whence we came."

--John F. Kennedy

(Note: Yeah, I know that the chemical similarity between blood and seawater is a bit overstated, but I still like the quote.)

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13322 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  342  343  344  345  346  347  348  349  350  351  ... 761  Next »
3461 to 3470 of 7602
TOPIC: Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.