Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
TOPIC: Quote_of_the_Day_-_Meaningful,_provocative_and_amusing_quotes
« Prev  1 ...  326  327  328  329  330  331  332  333  334  335  ... 805  Next »
3301 to 3310 of 8046
User Details are only visible to members.
"Part of the process of beginning anew, or changing directions is to know where you want to go. I know this sounds simplistic and easy, but this is one of the most difficult of choices to make with clarity."

-Byron Pulsifer

Username hidden
(17355 posts)
njny, I wouldn't mind having a small part in that production should the opportunity present itself.

not that it's um... a small part, per se... but, you know what I mean. ;)

Cocoa Beach FL
Username hidden
(8465 posts)
Shelly, that song was in my head off and on earlier. Haven't heard it in years, so I'm not sure how it got stuck there.

Fair Oaks TX
Username hidden
(12010 posts)
Shel, thanks--he just. doesn't. get. it.

and i'm not the only one who makes the observation.

there are a lot of events happening for end of school year which forces me to spend time together with him (and i choose my seat carefully but he manages to foil that quite often).

today he totally embarrassed me and himself by trying to make a dramatic "i want you back" speech in front of some of our child's friends' parents. i got up to leave. he followed apologized and said he'd leave.

what i really need is for him to transfer whatever this (it sure ain't love!) is to some other woman--my therapist and our child's therapist both said he is highly likely to remarry extremely quickly because he just can't face being alone.

yeah, nail on the head: i should continue in the role he had assigned for me in the movie of his life. except, i'm more interested in being the star in my *own* life. and a "lead" in our child's life until oh, maybe entry to college.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(15533 posts)
Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough money not to quit.

Username hidden
(196 posts)
You've got to know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em, know when to walk away and know when to run. ~~ The Gambler;)

Shelly

Memphis TN
Username hidden
(5720 posts)
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Username hidden
(196 posts)
They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug

Username hidden
(196 posts)
NJNY...

I think alot of men aren't receptive to anything that alters the way their known "environment" flows around them, even if it's something good they may buck it. They have a set way of doing things that works for them, makes them feel "safe" and they know their role in the movie of their life and expect everybody else to continue on as their supporting cast. They will tenaciously cling to the past instead of letting it go and moving forward into a scary and unknown thing called the future.

It appears your STBE doesn't understand when you explain why you no longer wish to be paired with him. In both of my previous relationships, neither male actually understood that message either until they knew I was seeing somebody else.

Since he seems mighty stubborn, do ya think your STBE would get the message if you were to introduce one of your friends to him as your new "girlfriend"?

Maybe not, if he is that stubborn...

Memphis TN
Username hidden
(5720 posts)
Optimist; Someone who expects the best possible outcome. Pessimist; Someone who expects the worst possible outcome. Cynic; A pessimist who has been proven right more often than not.

Username hidden
(780 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  326  327  328  329  330  331  332  333  334  335  ... 805  Next »
3301 to 3310 of 8046
TOPIC: Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.