Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
TOPIC: Quote_of_the_Day_-_Meaningful,_provocative_and_amusing_quotes
« Prev  1 ...  320.3  321.3  322.3  323.3  324.3  325.3  326.3  327.3  328.3  329.3  ... 713  Next »
3244 to 3253 of 7123
User Details are only visible to members.
dude, they're good and all, but naw.....they are NOT a donut

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(11674 posts)
"A donut without a hole is a danish."

You mean a Boston Cream isn't a doughnut?!?!?!?

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25012 posts)
Oh, and just to remain on topic:

"A flute without holes is not a flute. A donut without a hole is a danish." - Ty Webb

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(11248 posts)
Someone else will come along and carry on the tradition, however, it will look like the new Scooby Do cartoonssound, or like when Uncle Charlie died and they replaced his character with his "brother" on My Three Sons. Just not... "right".

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(11248 posts)
Me neither. I read a lot of Mad Magazine in the 80s and stopped some time in the early 90s, save the occasional issue I could get my hands on.

I remember when Don Martin died. He was awesome. He was a fairly private person, but his license plate of his car said "SCHTOINK".

Mort Drucker, Al Jaffee, Sergio Aragones... most of Mad's cartoonists are 80+. What will we do when they are gone!?!?!??!

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25012 posts)
AL Jaffee, now there's a name I haven't heard in AGES! He's the bomb!

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(11674 posts)
"Serious people my age are dead"

- Mad Magazine cartoonist Al Jaffee, who has drawn a "Fold-In" on the back cover of every issue of Mad Magazine from 1964 to date, save one issue. He also draws the running bit "Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions".

He was 89 when he said it. He is currently 92 and still draws the Mad "Fold-In" every month. I wonder if Mad has a contingency in place when he can't contribute anymore.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25012 posts)
"Great quote. But are you sure he didn't say Frogz? Did he mention anything about the Boehner Boys Choir? "

To quote you:

"Fuqin' troublemaker"

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25012 posts)
Btw, Trent Lott wasn't Speaker of the House, but was the Republican Leader in the Senate. The title of his book? "Herding Cats"

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(12871 posts)
”trying to get 218 frogs in a wheelbarrow long enough to pass a bill.”

Great quote. But are you sure he didn't say Frogz? Did he mention anything about the Boehner Boys Choir?

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(12871 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  320.3  321.3  322.3  323.3  324.3  325.3  326.3  327.3  328.3  329.3  ... 713  Next »
3244 to 3253 of 7123
TOPIC: Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.