Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
TOPIC: Quote_of_the_Day_-_Meaningful,_provocative_and_amusing_quotes
« Prev  1 ...  308.1  309.1  310.1  311.1  312.1  313.1  314.1  315.1  316.1  317.1  ... 759  Next »
3122 to 3131 of 7587
User Details are only visible to members.
AGAIN!!!!!!!

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26008 posts)
they're obviously following your posts. don't be surprised when they ask you to open those pics to get a better look at that amazing Mrs. VA. :)

Cocoa Beach FL
Username hidden
(8456 posts)
OMG they just called again not one minute ago.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26008 posts)
"I swear to God, I hope you fall down your stairs, your head splits open just enough to allow rats to gnaw on your brain while you're still alive, but you are unable to call for help. Lay there and suffer, you miserable maggot."

- Me, to every single person who works one of those "This is Rachel from Cardholder Services" rackets that calls and calls and calls and calls.....

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26008 posts)
"Practically every one of the top forty records being played on every radio station in the United States is a communication to the children to take a trip, to cop out, to groove. the psychedelic jackets on the record albums have their own hidden symbols and messages as well as all the lyrics of all the top rock songs, and they all sing the same refrain: it's fun to take a trip, put acid in your veins"

- Art Linkletter, whose daughter killed herself at age 20. Linkletter believed it was from an LSD flashback (toxicology showed no drugs in her system). This quote is from his 1970 spoken word album "Dear Mom and Dad", for which he won a Grammy award.

The quote is somewhat famously warped at the beginning of one of my favorite songs. A cover of Black Sabbath's "Supernaut" by 1,000 Homo DJs.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26008 posts)
love the (1) and (2) which i need to remind myself of now and again, especially when people question *why????* i continue to do the right thing, no matter what--most particularly lil darlin, who is having trouble with the concept of always doing the right thing even in the face of repeated abusive, even vindictive, behaviour from stbx. it is hard to understand the difference between lashing back in retaliation, and just sticking to my exit as gracefully as i can. eventually the good karma must be returned to me--even if in some other form, or from other people.

today's quote, fitting for me/this morning's mood:

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."--Harvey Fierstein

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(14169 posts)
1. The worst kind of hurt is betrayal, because it means that someone was willing to hurt you to make him/herself feel better.

2. Karma is a bitch that has NO deadline!

Shelly {above inspired by my HT}

Jackson MS
Username hidden
(5454 posts)
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

Hunter S. Thompson

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(18093 posts)
Shelly: "Never allow someone to be your priority when you're just an option for them." I think this was written just for me. Thank you!

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7424 posts)
Sometimes, I like a little mystery, until I don't.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12185 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  308.1  309.1  310.1  311.1  312.1  313.1  314.1  315.1  316.1  317.1  ... 759  Next »
3122 to 3131 of 7587
TOPIC: Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.