Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes : Swingers Discussion 1310801022
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumQuote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
TOPIC: Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   22 to 31 of 4412   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going because you might not get there."

--Yogi Berra

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10370 posts)
"Bonhoeffer? don't see that guy quoted in these pages very often. talk about a man of faith."

I reckon if a martyr can find humor in a Nazi concentration camp, we should be able to manage a few smiles now and then too.

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10370 posts)
VA, THAT'S truly alarming!

Mcallen TX

Username hidden
(9962 posts)
Perhaps I misunderstood you then, smooth. Fair enough.

Mcallen TX

Username hidden
(9962 posts)
As a small aside.

Money magazine used to administer a hypothetical upper-middle class household's financial information every year to a series of accounting firms and ask them to prepare the returns.

The last year they did it, all 46 accounting firms got different answers, and the IRS agreed with none of them.

That's a problem.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17577 posts)
Dear Sir or Madame,

I have sent in our federal income tax and our gift tax returns for 2013. As in prior years, it is important or you to know that I have absolutely no idea whether our tax returns and our tax payments are accurate. I say that despite the fact that I am a college graduate and I try hard to make sure our tax returns are accurate.

The tax code is so complex and the forms are so complicated, that I know I cannot have any confidence that I know what is being requested and therefore I cannot and do not know, and I suspect a great many Americans cannot know, whether or not their tax returns are accurate. As in past years, I have spent more money than I wanted to spend to hire an accounting firm to prepare our tax returns and I believe they are well qualified.

This note is to alert you folks that I know that I do not know whether or not my tax returns are accurate, which is a sad commentary on governance in our nation's capital.

If you have questions, let me know and I will ask our accountants to be in touch with you to try to provide any additional information you may think you need.

I do hope that at some point in my lifetime, and I am now in my 80s, so there are not many years left, the U.S. government will simplify the U.S. tax code so that those citizens who sincerely want to pay what they should, are able to do it right, and know that they have done it right.

I should add that my wife of 59 years, also a college graduate, has signed our joint return, but she also knows that she does not have any idea whether or not our tax payments are accurate.

Sincerely,

Donald Rumsfeld

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17577 posts)
I would never accuse carrie of being blind to anything. I think very highly of her and she has always been one of my very favorite people in these forums, which is why I said it was not intended to be critical in any way.

Just fascinating. :)

Orlando FL

Username hidden
(3892 posts)
Remember my quote from Donald Rumsfeld re: known knowns, known unknowns, and unknown unknowns? Well... he penned a letter to the IRS with his tax return yesterday, in the next post. It seems his taxes are a "known unknown".

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17577 posts)
Actually, smooth, it's a great quote and doesn't surprise me at all for it to come from Carrie. She may not get caught up in a lot of political crap, but she's not blind to what's going on by any means. Her quote actually inspired the one I posted.

Mcallen TX

Username hidden
(9962 posts)
Carrie it fascinates me that you would choose to post that quote, and that is not meant to be critical of you in any way.

Orlando FL

Username hidden
(3892 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   22 to 31 of 4412   End
TOPIC: Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes