Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
TOPIC: Quote_of_the_Day_-_Meaningful,_provocative_and_amusing_quotes
« Prev  1 ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ... 700  Next »
201 to 210 of 6999
User Details are only visible to members.
"As you look at many people’s lives, you see that their suffering is in a way gratifying, for they are comfortable in it. They make their lives a living hell, but a familiar one." ~ Ram Dass

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(9922 posts)
"He went to Jackson. He went crazy and went to Jackson both. ... He went to Jackson on the train. He didn't go on the train to go crazy. He went crazy in our wagon."

--As I Lay Dying, by William Faulkner

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12675 posts)
No matter how hard you buff, it you can shine shit ( Some old navy Chief on the ship my husband was station on ,Funny)

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(6198 posts)
"Gain a modest reputation for being unreliable and you will never be asked to do a thing." -- Paul Theroux

Memphis TN
Username hidden
(4921 posts)
“I am not a token, mammy or little brown bobble head. I am not owned by [NBC executives] or MSNBC. I love our show. I want it back.”

“I don’t know if there is a personal racial component. I don’t think anyone is doing something mean to me because I’m a black person.”

Part of the email (1st quote) that Melissa Harris-Perry wrote after refusing to appear on her show, angry that it had been preempted by breaking news coverage (which is routine in the news world, especially outside of prime time). After getting fired by MSNBC, she's backed off. A little (2nd quote).

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24577 posts)
Prayer on a friend's desk:

"Dear lord give me the coffee to change the things I cannot accept and wine for the things I cannot change."

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(995 posts)
"I truly believe there are no cosmic accidents. Everything happens for a purpose, even if we don't understand it at the time. Be open to life's "curveballs", they're there for a reason. Have fsith ina greater good and be the best "you" that you can be. "

Apparently, i said this, last year. And it really meant something to me to read it again today. Thought I would share

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(11555 posts)
A friend forwarded a marvelous list of political quotes... Here's another gem.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else. -- Frederic Bastiat, French economist(1801-1850)

Canton NC
Username hidden
(137 posts)
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

Unknown: Author

Saint Robert MO
Username hidden
(160 posts)
I began it part way through my workout this morning. I've probably seen it 20 times.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24577 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ... 700  Next »
201 to 210 of 6999
TOPIC: Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.