Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
TOPIC: Quote_of_the_Day_-_Meaningful,_provocative_and_amusing_quotes
« Prev  1 ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ... 849  Next »
131 to 140 of 8490
User Details are only visible to members.
"Teresa Lloro-Bidart

I think that there are quite a number of people who think they are smarter than they actually are...

San Diego CA
Username hidden
(22226 posts)
Do or do not. There is no try. —Yoda

Worcester MA
Username hidden
(61 posts)
Sorry 2tryin, we're both wrong. The quote I posted is a paraphrase of Einstein. The exact quote is : "You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother". *Scary Monsters and Bright Ideas (2000) by science broadcaster Robyn Williams. On p. 44,

The Fenyman quote is: "You know, I couldn't do it. I couldn't reduce it to the freshman level. That means we really don't understand it." * David L. Goodstein, "Richard P. Feynman, Teacher," Physics Today, volume 42, number 2, February 1989, p. 70-75, at p. 75

Worcester MA
Username hidden
(61 posts)
"I juxtapose feminist posthumanist theories and feminist food study scholarship to demonstrate how eastern fox squirrels are subjected to gendered, racialized, and speciesist thinking in the popular news media as a result of their feeding/eating practices [and] their unique and unfixed spatial arrangements in the greater Los Angeles region . . .."

Teresa Lloro-Bidart, in her "landmark" paper which "presents a unique opportunity to question and re-theorize the ontological given of 'otherness' that manifests in part through a politics" in which "animal food choices" "stand in" for "compliance and resistance" to the "dominant forces in [human] culture."

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28575 posts)
"Gerrymandering has created an absurd reality where politicians now pick their voters instead of the voters picking the politicians" "Congress couldn't beat herpes in the polls"

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(2110 posts)
"Fear grows in darkness; if you think there's a bogeyman around, turn on the light."

~ Dorothy Thompson

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(16995 posts)
Envy motivates the slave to take vengeance upon the higher man. Nietsche

The Last man is devoid of any creative urge within, and blind to higher values which render creativity possible. Nietsche

Taken together these quotes mean to me, that the world is full of people who seek only comfort (the 2nd quote) and those whose envy of others makes them want to destroy anyone who has it better. They lead to a third quote that really shakes my foundations ...

There exist a plethora of individuals who desire to persecute and bring down those who rise above the mediocre mass, masking their envy with calls for equality. Nietsche.

This means we are not equal, it has nothing to do with race, religion, gender, or sexual preference. It has everything to do with individuality. Our belief system is flawed and therefore we are doomed to failure unless we recognize that some (most) people are just trying to level the playing field by taking out the outliers on the high end of the bell curve.

Augusta GA
Username hidden
(757 posts)
“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Albert Einstein

Nope was Feynman, He was one of Albert's running buddies, a co conspirator if you will of that era. Then Feynman method is used widely now to educate educators.

Augusta GA
Username hidden
(757 posts)
"Let's all get drunk and see what happens."

A vanilla girl who wants to bring her boyfriend over and hope for us to break them in.

I mean, I would like to fuck her, but that sounds like an awful way to break people in.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28575 posts)
"I don't believe a President can obstruct justice"

Newt Gingrich, who voted to impeach Bill Clinton for obstruction of justice.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(2110 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ... 849  Next »
131 to 140 of 8490
TOPIC: Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.