10% of all proceeds from purchased memberships will be donated to the victims and families of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas tragedy.

Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
TOPIC: Quote_of_the_Day_-_Meaningful,_provocative_and_amusing_quotes
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 880  Next »
12 to 21 of 8791
User Details are only visible to members.
“When our days become dreary with low-hovering clouds of despair, and when our nights become darker than a thousand midnights, let us remember that there is a creative force in this universe working to pull down the gigantic mountains of evil, a power that is able to make a way out of no way and transform dark yesterdays into bright tomorrows. Let us realize that the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.” ~ MLK Jr., SCLC Convention, 8/16/67

Worcester MA
Username hidden
(115 posts)
"The highest reward for one's toil is not what he gets for it, but what he becomes by it." ~ John Ruskin

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(18191 posts)
“Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable and to give an appearance of solidarity to pure wind.”

~ George Orwell

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(18191 posts)
"I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." ~ Michael Jordan

Worcester MA
Username hidden
(115 posts)
"If you do the work you get rewarded. There are no shortcuts in life." ~ Michael Jordan

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(18191 posts)
" I never met a man with a college education who could not be made useful through sufficient on the job training"

From the preface of "Calder's Perspicuous Tables of Land Surveying, Truck Road Engineering, Mathematical Helps". 1957 edition" (My apologies to the great Lester E. Calder as I am quoting from memory)

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(2399 posts)
For those who believe in God, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not believe, no explanation is possible. ~ Opening line of the film, Song of Bernadette

Today is Fat Tuesday. Enjoy!! Lent begins tomorrow.

Worcester MA
Username hidden
(115 posts)
You are more than the sum of what you consume

Desire is not an occupation

You are alternately thrilled and desperate

Sky high and fucked

- Nicole Blackman

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(29234 posts)
"Figures don't lie, but liars figure". Is that what you are saying? Just look all around us. Our world is full of LIES.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(4890 posts)
"Your life is your message to the world. Make it inspiring." ~ Lorrin L. Lee

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(18191 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 880  Next »
12 to 21 of 8791
TOPIC: Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.