Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
TOPIC: Quote_of_the_Day_-_Meaningful,_provocative_and_amusing_quotes
« Prev  1 ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ... 693  Next »
111 to 120 of 6930
User Details are only visible to members.
"Don't drive any faster then your Guardian Angel can fly ". I saw it in a ambulance, local fire dept.Kind of cool

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(5814 posts)
Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.

And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.

And how else can it be?

The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.

Is not the cup that holds your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter's oven? And is not the lute that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed out with knives?

When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy.

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

Khalil Gibrain

Richmond VA
Username hidden
(3 posts)
"Live Life to it's Fullest"

--A rather large tattoo on NFL quarterback Brock Osweiler (and yes, the tattoo included the apostrophe in the word "it's"). (I could tell you a true story about an even worse tattoo disaster by a redneck friend of mine named JoeJoe, but not without cracking myself up in the telling of it).

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12655 posts)
"Zen does not confuse spirituality with thinking about God while one is peeling potatoes. Zen spirituality is just to peel the potatoes." ~ Alan Watts

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(9650 posts)
Sigh. I miss George Carlin. Thought about one of his jokes when the pilot finally got us a landing slot into Seattle in heavy weather last week:

Pilot: "OK folks, we should be on the ground in ten minutes"

George Carlin: "Well that's rather vague."

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(921 posts)
Say what you want about women - but to me, turning one sentence into a six hour argument takes talent.

- George Carlin

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24404 posts)
It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought being a fool, than talk and remove all doubt of it.

Saint Robert MO
Username hidden
(159 posts)
If I don't remember ,it didn't happen , My husband when he gets the Irish Virus

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(5814 posts)
Don't have an opinion where u do not have responsibilities.

Dallas GA
Username hidden
(459 posts)
Rabbit I carry a business card holder with that quote on it. Has always been a favorite.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(20871 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ... 693  Next »
111 to 120 of 6930
TOPIC: Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.