Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
TOPIC: Quote_of_the_Day_-_Meaningful,_provocative_and_amusing_quotes
Created by: fingerfuxs
Original Starting post for this thread:
Here's a few to get us started :)

"To be is to do"--Socrates.

"To do is to be"--Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Do be do be do"--Frank Sinatra.

''Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools.''

-- Gene Brown

"It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it."

-- Sam Levenson

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 837  Next »
1 to 10 of 8370
User Details are only visible to members.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover. —Mark Twain

Worcester MA
Username hidden
(23 posts)
"The happy ending cannot come in the middle of the story." ~ Peter Beagle 'The Last Unicorn'

Oak Ridge NC
Username hidden
(4681 posts)
"Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great." ~ Orison Swett Marden

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(16572 posts)
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture the heart. —Ancient Indian Proverb

Worcester MA
Username hidden
(23 posts)
"The world is too dangerous for anything but truth and too small for anything but love."

~ William Sloane Coffin

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(16572 posts)
"A lot of people hate my skepticism, and I think I understand why. The psychics offer wonders and endless possibilities in a world that often seems difficult and mundane. They promise health, wealth, wisdom, eternal life. But if you examine the record, it's not the psychics but the hard-nosed scientists who have actually delivered the things that improve human life. And, to me, science describes a world far more interesting than any psychic fantasy. It's a good world -- not perfect -- but it's ours. So we'd better learn to live with it, the way it is."

- James Muthafuckin' Randi

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28384 posts)
Hahahaha...

If I had a dime for every time I've heard that...

Tell them you need to subject the data to the intra-ocular trauma test and you will get back to them...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(21909 posts)
"Can't you just run the data through some software and have it tell you everything that's wrong with it?"

- A young and very naive lawyer who, while ambitious, doesn't have the slightest idea what we are doing for her, and won't hold still long enough to find out.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28384 posts)
The problems of incompetent, corrupt, corporatist, government are incompetence, corruption, and corporatism, not government. (Jerome a Paris)

Worcester MA
Username hidden
(23 posts)
Maybe since they were "bros" they said similar things all of the time? Anyway they Feynman technique is explaining something to someone else and using your ability to do so or not to identify and focus on weak areas

Augusta GA
Username hidden
(704 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 837  Next »
1 to 10 of 8370
TOPIC: Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.