10% of all proceeds from purchased memberships will be donated to the victims and families of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas tragedy.

Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
TOPIC: Quote_of_the_Day_-_Meaningful,_provocative_and_amusing_quotes
« Prev  1 ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ... 879  Next »
81 to 90 of 8790
User Details are only visible to members.
"The unexamined life is not worth living." ~ Socrates

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(18177 posts)
I had one of those facebook reminders come up. 6 years ago today I posted, with no other explanation or information:

"You can only be so open-minded before your brains fall out."

I honestly don't know what inspired that, but it made me laugh.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(29212 posts)
“These are the times that try men’s souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.“~ Thomas Paine, 1776

Worcester MA
Username hidden
(115 posts)
"A shutdown falls on the President's lack of leadership. He can't even control his party and get people together in a room. A shutdown means the President is weak"

-Donald Trump 2013

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(6033 posts)
“If I only had three words of advice, they would be, Tell the Truth. If got three more words, I'd add, all the time.” ~ Randy Pausch, prof. Carnegie Mellon Univ.

Worcester MA
Username hidden
(115 posts)
Let people think you are a fool don't open your mouth and prove it

Valley Falls NY
Username hidden
(11 posts)
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." ~ Douglas Adams

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(29212 posts)
If things wander into politics in here, I try to avoid them, but if I do engage I bend over backwards to be (politically) neutral. In the Open Fora.

tbr is the only person in the politics threads worth talking to anymore. I haven't posted there in weeks and don't intend to go back, although I'll likely fall back in one day.

Enough derailment.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(29212 posts)
Oh, I don't disagree with anything in Tbr's post. I just hate seeing threads get pulled out of the open forum and placed in forums where I will not participate in them.

Titusville FL
Username hidden
(529 posts)
One of the downsides of democracy is that we are free to elect whatever incompetent, corrupt or slimy people we want to office.

One of the upsides is that we don't have to. We do it by choice.

For some reason.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(29212 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ... 879  Next »
81 to 90 of 8790
TOPIC: Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.