Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
TOPIC: Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
GoTo Page: Less ... 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 ... More 
Start   3241 to 3250 of 6053   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"This is my last say on the topic here. If Perf feels the need to respond or insult further, I'll give him the last word. " i Yaaaaaaaa, like Fun didn't bring this here to insult me. The spin of this douche is never ending.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18091 posts)
Yes, since the douche came here to grandstand with his first post, I shall gladly have the last.

The only comment about the vote in Philly being black was from the Radio. I went into detail about the education, employment, and crime of Philly as compared to the rest of the state. I can't change, nor do I care that a large percentage of the voters are black. I care that so many, in such a place, with such general chararacteristics, and such overwhelming support of one candidate can swing all of PA's electoral votes.

Spin-Ahoy is a douche.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18091 posts)
IB - LIKE! LOL!

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9766 posts)
"You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you can’t fool Mom. She's pretty nice and she's pretty smart. If you listen to Mom you won't go far wrong." - Captain Penny

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
EXCELLENT quote, Nic!

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(465 posts)
Just my humble opinion but I really wish everyone would stop dragging their political fights into the open forums. Just seems like grandstanding to me to take what was said elsewhere and post it here as a "Quote".

"The trouble with this country is that there are too many politicians who believe, with a conviction based on experience, that you can fool all of the people all of the time."

~ Franklin P. Adams

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12735 posts)
I think it's a shame when ANY one type, class, color, or whatever, determines who gets appointed to what. I think all leaders should lead all people they are elected to lead, and voters should look at the bigger picture, not just the promises.

Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often...and for the same reason!~ Mark Twain

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(465 posts)
"I'm getting a headache"

me after reading the last several posts.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(19467 posts)
"I really didn't notice what race they were"

Lol, before the backpedaling began, race was the ONLY description of the voters about whom Perf was uncomfortable. The Quote I initially posted below gave the complete, verbatim observation of a talk-radio host that "black people" determined an election, and the complete, verbatim response that Perf was "not comfortable" with their votes counting. 

There was no mention of discomfort about counting the votes of poor or less well educated people of either race. That would have been merely arrogant, not racially bigoted. 

This thread is for "meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes." As most here know, 99% of my posts in open forum are attempts (often lame) to be amusing. But when a member openly exhibits what I consider blatant racial bigotry, I thought it provocative enough to share here. 

As I told Perf in the Politics thread where this originated, I didn't attribute the quote to him by name because I didn't want him to feel the need to defend himself by dragging that argument over here. Politics, not here, is the place to debate such things as whether a racial minority comprising 10% of a state's voters can singlehandedly determine that state's election. 

It was his choice to debate the quote here. When he added a link to a story implying that bloc voting in Philadelphia's predominately black precincts was evil, I responded that similar bloc voting occurs in white precincts elsewhere. My mistake, and for adding to the debate here, I apologize. I don't apologize for sharing the original quote, however provocative. If anyone feels that my posting the quote wrongly started an argument here, so be it. 

This is my last say on the topic here. If Perf feels the need to respond or insult further, I'll give him the last word. 

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(11633 posts)
Let me post Douchey's comment.

" Better yet, I'll post it in the Quotes thread so that people can be reminded that racial bigots are still among us (don't worry, I won't embarrass you or start an argument with you there by attaching your name to it).

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18091 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 ... More 
Start   3241 to 3250 of 6053   End
TOPIC: Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes