Question for parents of kids with shitty grandparents : Swingers Discussion 2098281031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumQuestion for parents of kids with shitty grandparents
TOPIC: Question for parents of kids with shitty grandparents
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   31 to 32 of 32 
User Details are only visible to members.
lost, that is a very touching story. Everyone has feelings, and many who are not adept at dealing with them are often drunk or otherwise altered.

A 10 year old has little notion of what constitutes a good apology: This requires an adult level of empathy, which is not well developed at that age.

But you might suggest that he make a gesture of goodwill to your dad. Think together of something he likes about the man. Make something that he'd appreciate.

Does the boy draw? How about depicting some fun time they've had together? Surely some meaningful and positive memory has been shared.

Kids are honest because it comes naturally to them, and it's one of their best qualities. I'd bet your son can honestly convey some mutual appreciation to the old man.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
User Details are only visible to members.
I have a question for y'all. How do you handle your child saying something they should not have said, even if it was the truth? My dad, well you know how my dad is. My children are not me. They know what a healthy, loving, functional home is. And now that they are 8 and 10...they know what a dysfunctional alcoholic is. And unlike me, they have parents that support them so they are not afraid like I was at their age. With me, fucked up was just how it had always been. With these dudes, they understand that Pee Paw is not right. Anyways. My dad yes, was drunk. He said something to our 10 year old. My dad was talking about the fact that their neighborhood friend's Grandfather is dead, and shouldn't he be happy that he has his Grandfather stil. Well....my boy did not talk back, he just calmly responded with well yes, my gfather is alive...but you are always drunk and yelling and I do not want to be around you because you are loud and yell and you are always drunk. My dad, who rarely shows emotion, was so hurt..he went into his room and locked the door. The 10 year old feels bad about it...but I cannot bring myself to having him apologize for telling the truth....but at the same time, I hate that my dad's feelings are so hurt. I do not know how to handle it...I cannot force my child to apologize for saying something I wanted to say all of my life.

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   31 to 32 of 32 
TOPIC: Question for parents of kids with shitty grandparents