Protect Your Privacy : Swingers Discussion 210107
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumProtect Your Privacy
TOPIC: Protect Your Privacy
Created by: fearofghosts
Original Starting post for this thread:
This is a friendly Public Service Announcement. Please excuse me if this has been mentioned somewhere else in these forums / on this site.

Recently "Apple" released their latest operating system, iOS6 (for iPhones, iPads, etc.). And with this release came a native integration to Facebook. Users are presented with an option to sync their phone contacts with Facebook. Not only does this occur with contacts you have on your phone with which you are "Friends" with. But it will do a general lookup on all phone numbers you have - attempting to find a match in Facebook's database to a profile.

What does this mean to you, as someone in the Lifestyle who likely has given out your phone number to others in the Lifestyle? Well. It means that if the same number you are giving out to people in the Lifestyle also happens to be present on your Facebook profile - that their iPhones are going to automatically sync with your Facebook.

Your Facebook profile picture will be displayed in their contact for you on their phone. And a field in their Contacts for "Facebook" will have your First and Last name - along with a link to view your Facebook. Depending on your level of security on Facebook - they will either have access to a whole lot of information about you - or very little. For most of us, this includes them being able to see who our Vanilla Friends and Family are. Where we work. Who we're married to. Where we went to school. So on and so forth.

If this is not information you're hoping to share with those in the Lifestyle you've given your phone number out to - the best thing you can do at this point is to remove that phone number from Facebook. It wont likely have an impact to those who've have already had their contact for you synced to your Facebook profile - but it should at least prevent future people from also gaining access to this level of information about you.

Best of luck out there, friends!

-Fearofghosts

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 14   End
User Details are only visible to members.
sincerely doubt it

Sacramento CA
Username hidden
(709 posts)
I know I know, I was just wondering if you think that Lady Gaga is part of that whole "One world" thing!

You know, if you have the cash you can be part of those who are trying to "assimilate" the "drones" :)

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17052 posts)
it was happening long before Gaga

Sacramento CA
Username hidden
(709 posts)
Oh, you're one of those that thinks that lady gaga is part of that one world conspiracy don't you just!

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17052 posts)
Facebook and all other social media is part of a government "spiricy" to collect information about YOU.. Why? Because they can...lol

Sacramento CA
Username hidden
(709 posts)
fearofghosts, as you stated in your second post, you can disable external searches of phone numbers. If you have it set to everyone, even someone entering your number or e-mail in google can locate your profile... is not iOS specific, although iOS makes it super easy.

Binghamton NY
Username hidden
(80 posts)
Glad to hear that some of you were affected. We personally don't have our phone numbers in Facebook. But we became aware of this issue when we suddenly had Facebook information for 7 different Lifestyle friends who's phone numbers were stored in our iPhone. We messaged them all and let them know. But we figured we'd post something out in the public to make sure everyone was aware of this. =)

Santa Fe Spgs CA
Username hidden
(10 posts)
No iphone here.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
I don't have my address, phone, or birthday on facebook, but then again I rely more on other methods to be "plugged in" with the important people in my life.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9178 posts)
I wouldn't even think about listing my phone number or home address on facebook.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20219 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 14   End
TOPIC: Protect Your Privacy