Profile Pics Opinion : Swingers Discussion 215154101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumProfile Pics Opinion
TOPIC: Profile Pics Opinion
Created by: livewirecpl The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
User Details are only visible to members.
yeah, I'm really leary of sending pictures to people without having ALREADY establishing pretty good rapport first....then they often get sneek previews. lol

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10696 posts)
Cropping, editing for privacy, color correcting a pic of YOU is one thing. Psoting fake pics they found elsewhere is simply dishonest.

And while it is possible to do a screen shot from SLS to pilfer a pic, emailing it someone is a sure fire way to have it used elsewhere.

Poland OH
Username hidden
(11885 posts)
Maybe someone should report him to Profile Review...LOL

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6776 posts)
We were contacted by a single male about a year ago. He had opened pics for us, including face pics. We politely declined. Just several months ago, we were contacted by the SAME single male, but his profile pic was completely different....a completely different person! Does he seriously think we wouldn't realize that pic is NOT him if we met???? All kinda scams on here! :(

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(3011 posts)
I guess they don't know the rules. Oh well...

Pictures must contain at least one of the profile owners in them and can contain absolutely NO children or anything illegal.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6776 posts)
Just last week we came across a profile in the threesome fora that was pilfered from an eastern European website. The couple was smooth as butter about it, completely avoided discussing it even though we all posted that we're onto their bullshit. Eventually, SLS enforced the rule of no pictures of others and removed their photo.

See on SLS all the time.

Some of our photos are photoshopped for privacy...[cropping blurring etc...]

Even though I have some face photos available, in my opinion, ONLY those that have met me before would be able to recognize me based on these face photos. In other words, in my opinion, if you never met me before, looking at the public face pictures that I have here, no way would you recognize me if you saw me on the street or at a club.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
I've not really noticed any of that, so far, but I guess the locals here aren't as polished as the local Atlanta folk and probably just haven't thought of it, so I imagine that's the only reason I haven't seen it.

So far as my pictures go, I DO crop and I DO red eye correct, but I do not do anything more than that to pictures I post {besides, if I have to do more than that, it's not that good of a picture in my opinion!}. On the average, it takes me a dozen or more shots to get one or two that I feel are even remotely post-worthy.

I DO have some older pictures....in a PRIVATE folder clearly labelled "old pictures". Some of my old shots are from advertising work that I have done. The only old shot I have in my public pictures is this one accompanying the post, and it's a scan of a POLAROID that we took to test the lighting for the shoot.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10696 posts)
They do that a lot on Fetlife as well. A lot.

I don't mind a good professional "doctored" photo so long as it's the person being represented by the profile. To put a picture of someone other than yourself in a personal profile is just plain wrong.

Chances are profiles like that are the creepy married cheaters who are just looking to get off perving your pictures.

Long Beach CA
Username hidden
(1757 posts)
I think that Mrs. LWC looks extremely impressive in that jacket. ;-)

I haven't seen any obvious fakes yet, but I do agree that people need to post real pictures of themselves, and recent ones at that. Your profile is the way you introduce yourself to everyone else on the site.

Syracuse NY
Username hidden
(3625 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
TOPIC: Profile Pics Opinion