Pretty Profiles : Swingers Discussion 431181021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumPretty Profiles
TOPIC: Pretty Profiles
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 40   End
User Details are only visible to members.
penbuttons,

Just so you know you can play with (or remove) a lot of the paramaters in the TABLE tag that i posted. Here is a quick break down:

<table --- this starts our table (WE NEED THIS)

align="center" --- You can change center to Left, Right or Center. If you delete this paramater it will default to the left (Can be removed)

width="100%" --- This can be a percentage or an exact number of pixels. If you delete this paramater it will default to the width of the text or image inside of the table. (Can be removed)

height="" --- Same as above but for the height of the table (Can be removed)

cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" --- This works like an invisible margin. If you make the number larger your text will "wrap" further from the edge of your table. (Can be removed)

border="2" --- The number of pixels for the border of your table. If you delete it this defaults to 1 (Can be removed)

bgcolor="Yellow" --- sets the background color of the entire table. If you delete it then your table background is transparent (Can be removed)

bordercolordark="#888800" --- Fancy decoration. The "#888800" is a Hex color. Try changing it to other colors and see what happens :) (Can be removed)

bordercolorlight="#ffffcc" --- Fancy decoration. The "#ffffcc" is a Hex color. Try changing it to other colors and see what happens :) (Can be removed)

bordercolor="gray"> --- Sets the color of the border (the line around your table) you can change "gray" to any hex color like "#FFFF00" (Can be removed)

<tr> --- sets a table row (WE NEED THIS!)

<td align="center"> --- Sets a Table Data Cell (a.k.a. colum). You can change center to Left, Right or Center. If you delete the align="center" it will default your DATA/Text/Images to the left (WE NEED THIS!)

Hope this helps,

Craig (and Zoe)

Mayfield PA
Username hidden
(910 posts)
BratandFireman; you put your text inbetween the <td> and the </td> (FYI: <td> stands for Table Data. Your Data is your text or images or whatever you want to display.)

This is a short version of a table with no parameters (ie: bgcolor, border, background, etc) just so you can see where to put the text:

<table> <tr> <td> PUT YOUR TEXT HERE </td> </tr> </table>

Hope that helps,

Craig (a former HTML teacher)

Mayfield PA
Username hidden
(910 posts)
:( Damn and all I wanted to know was why the background wasn't working for me.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17852 posts)
You asked for it.... you got it... I made a bunch of HTML tags with explinations of what they do ....

COPY AND PASTE THE ENTIRE POST BELOW

Mayfield PA
Username hidden
(910 posts)
<table align="center" width="100%" height="" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="2" bgcolor="Yellow" bordercolordark="#888800" bordercolorlight="#ffffcc" bordercolor="gray"> <tr> <!--- <TR> STANDS FOR TABLE ROW ---> <td align="center"> <!--- <TD> STANDS FOR TABLE DATA | AFTER THIS TAG IS WHERE YOU PUT YOUR DATA/TEXT ---> <hr color="#800000" noshade width="90%" size="4"> <!--- this makes a line ---> <font face="Georgia,'Times New Roman',Times,serif" size="5" color="#000000">PUT A TITLE HERE</font> <!--- this makes large black text in an arial font | NOTE: YOU CAN'T USE JUST "ANY" FONT ON A WEBPAGE IT IS BEST TO ONLY USE "SYSTEM" FONTS ---> <br> <!--- this is a line break... it creates a new line ---> <br> <!--- use 2 line breaks in a row if you want to double space your text ---> <font face="Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" size="3" color="#800000">Here is where you would put some text</font> <!--- this makes average size text in a Verdana font set | NOTE: YOU CAN'T USE JUST "ANY" FONT ON A WEBPAGE IT IS BEST TO ONLY USE "SYSTEM" FONTS ---> <br><br> <hr color="#800000" noshade width="90%" size="4"> <!--- this makes a line ---> <strong>BOLD TEXT</strong> <br> <B>THE OLD WAY (THAT STILL WORKS) TO MAKE BOLD TEXT</B> <br> <em>ITALIC TEXT</em> <br> <strong><em>BOLD AND ITALIC TEXT</em></strong> <br> <font size="7"><em>LARGE ITALIC TEXT</em></font> <br> <font color="#800000">TEXT IN A DIFFERENT COLOR</font> <br> <font face="Arial">TEXT IN A DIFFERENT FONT</font> <br> <font face="System,Chicago,sans-serif" size="5" color="#FF0000"><strong><em>Large Bold Italic Text in a Different Font with a Different Color</em></strong></font> <hr color="#800000" noshade width="90%" size="4"> <!--- this makes a line ---> <br> <div align="left"> <!--- this tage lets us align our text to the left of the table | other values for this tag are "right", "center" and "left" ---> <!--- the next large section of text will be aligned left untill we see the </div> ---> <!--- NOW WELL MAKE A "LIST" ---> Who we don't want to email us is: <UL> <!--- UL Stands for Un-ordered list | this makes bullet points where ever we use the <li> tag ---> <li>Single Guys</li> <!--- things between the <li></li> tags get bulleted ---> <li>Sheep</li> <li>Crazy People</li> </UL> <!--- this ends our "Unordered List" ---> Now we'll make a list that has numbers instead of bullets <br><br> <ol> <!--- OL stands for Ordered List | this numbers items where it finds the <li> tag ---> <li>Single Guys</li> <!--- things between the <li></li> tags get bulleted ---> <li>Sheep</li> <li>Crazy People</li> </ol> </div> <!--- this tells the browser to stop aligning the text to the left/right/center ---> <strong>Got this so far?</strong> <br><br> <hr color="#800000" noshade width="90%" size="4"> <!--- this makes a line ---> <br><br> </td> <!--- CLOSE OUR TABLE DATA TAG FROM THE TOP OF THIS PAGE ---> </tr> <!--- CLOSE OUR TABLE ROW TAG FROM THE TOP OF THIS PAGE---> </table> <!--- CLOSE OUR TABLE FROM THE TOP OF THIS PAGE--->

Mayfield PA
Username hidden
(910 posts)
I can't get it to work either, Cindee. No matter where I put the code it either puts the background above or below the text. I am going to leave it on my profile so if someone could look at it and maybe tell me what I am doing wrong.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17852 posts)
Pen, I made a copy of your profile and didn't have a problem making a yellow background. I see in your code that you don't put all of the parameters in quotes which MIGHT have something to do with your broken table. Anyway I changed this tag in your profile: <TABLE height=529 width=600 background=xxxxxxxxx/penback.jpg>

to this:

<TABLE height="529" width="600" bgcolor="yellow">

And it worked fine.

Hope this helps

Mayfield PA
Username hidden
(910 posts)
I am not having any luck with the back ground color either. I put the code but nothing happened at all.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17852 posts)
You can also find a color picker here: [DO NOT TYPE W W W] wp [dot] netscape [dot] com/computing/webbuilding/studio/demo19981111-5/picker_two.html

just use the "Hex" at the bottom for your color

Mayfield PA
Username hidden
(910 posts)
Where do you get the color codes from? That is what I need.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17852 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 40   End
TOPIC: Pretty Profiles