Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Polygamy
TOPIC: Polygamy
Created by: Here2Fuck The original post for this thread was deleted.
1  2  3  4  Next »
1 to 10 of 31
User Details are only visible to members.
Use Google. . and you're welcome.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(8702 posts)
Where do I find those interested in polygamy? Thank u in advance for ur help!!

Cleveland OH
Username hidden
(8 posts)
You must live in some other world.

Jim

Culpeper VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Jim Crow laws didn't stand. There has been a Civil Rights movement. If discrimination is involved, laws will be overturned if pushed to the Supreme Court.

Jim

Culpeper VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
VA, I think marital status may have been a check box on my mortgage app.

Elmer NJ
Username hidden
(3110 posts)
How did anyone know they weren't married? Was anybody here ever required to produce proof of marriage before moving into their own home? Seems to me this is a real target for a discrimination lawsuit.

Jim

Culpeper VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
"I'm perfectly content with the law defining marriage to include one man and one woman."

How about comparing it to some other laws that we now see as unjust (but weren't viewed that way beforehand - think segregation, child labor, etc.)? The 'political winds' shifted to the point where many people were seeing the laws (or the lack of laws) as unjust. In that case the majority were still content to leave it as it was, but the agitators, thankfully, won out.

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(3271 posts)
"You think there's no such thing as a bad law?"

Anybody who believes THAT hasn't watched our Congress in action.

Jim

Culpeper VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
"Wrong assumption. In this case it is however good."

As others have said so well, the law then is not the measure of right and wrong. No-one really believes that (except perhaps despots whose word is automatically law).

So to state that something is the 'law' really says very little. VA Lovers and others here have made strong arguments that right and wrong are evolving concepts, based on the culture at large.

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(3271 posts)
"It's the law. The law is used to define what is right or wrong Mike. Pretty straightforward. We need order in our society."

You think there's no such thing as a bad law? You think that because sumthin is against the law it must be wrong? Lots of states have laws banning oral sex. Does that mean you think oral sex is wrong? And that up until the 60s racial segregation was right?

Mike

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
1  2  3  4  Next »
1 to 10 of 31
TOPIC: Polygamy
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.