Polygamy : Swingers Discussion 43362
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumPolygamy
TOPIC: Polygamy
Created by: TheDucksters
Original Starting post for this thread:
Ok, I hope this is not a stupid question, but it is naggin us to death. We have seen on some websites where you can check polygamy as an interest. We are a little baffled as to what that means. We know what the dictionary meaning is, but there must be more to it than that. Please, don't flame this question and be sincere. It seems some of the better profiles have checked this and we just need to know what it is before we get into something we are not sure of. Thanks for sincere replies. BS
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
User Details are only visible to members.
The line?

1) Who lives where?

2) Who get's pregnant by whom?

3) Separate beds/Apartments or not?

4) Religous vs non Religous recognation?

Sex is only one part of these variants. I think of Poligamy as multiple spouses. Fidelity to the family group is as important as in legal marriage. Rearing children is an important part of these relationships.

Polyamoury=many loves. Love/emotional attachment to others with whom one is SEXual. You are not polyamours with your parents, child. At least I hope not.

I am in a poly=polyamours relationship. I am married to a wonderful gentleman for 20+ years. I have a female partner of 4+ years. There is no sexual contact between my partners. This is refered to as a "V" realtionship. I'm at the point. My husband and gf are represented by the tips of the V. They do not touch. Poly is responsible non-monogamy with emotional attachment.

I also swing/play with others, when lucky. They are not part of the V. They have the same level of commitment to me as any other swinging situation.

The difference when swinging and poly? I secured the permission of both partners when going to play.

Polytriads are like triangles. All partners share sex and love with each other. A monogamous bonding is called a polyfidelous triad. This does not have mean they live together, share children etc. Merely that the emotional/sexual needs are met within the triad.

I've never seen relationship type designations on a swing site.

I don't know if this helps.

Google Polyamours, responsible non-monogamy.

If you think swinging is hard..try poly.. May the force be with you.

Glen Burnie MD

Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Thanks for all the cerebral discussion...We were thinking more in the line of this. Polygamy as stated on a profile would go to mean that they are into the openness of holding hands in public, kissing and acting like the others spouse etc...in a public venture. You know the proverbial "Wife Swap". However, it could also mean something in the form of a hotwife as well. You know the man that allows the woman to have many lovers etc... Not sure about all the other polyamory vs polygamy in the Marital Sense, but you guys do bring up a lot of good ideas.

So if our assumption is not even close, then you can just use that old term: "when you assume you make ................"

BS

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(5 posts)
Could you be confusing polygamy with polyamory?

South Riding VA

Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Ok, I hope this is not a stupid question, but it is naggin us to death. We have seen on some websites where you can check polygamy as an interest. We are a little baffled as to what that means. We know what the dictionary meaning is, but there must be more to it than that. Please, don't flame this question and be sincere. It seems some of the better profiles have checked this and we just need to know what it is before we get into something we are not sure of. Thanks for sincere replies.

BS

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(5 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
TOPIC: Polygamy