Pet Peeve 2013 : Swingers Discussion 2179051062
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumPet Peeve 2013
TOPIC: Pet Peeve 2013
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   62 to 71 of 397   End
User Details are only visible to members.
kibbs....sup with those eyes mami?

Jamaica NY
Username hidden
(882 posts)
Melvin, a few yeas ago, I was admitting a patient that had a third grade education. When I asked her if she wanted her consents in English or Spanish, he reply haunts me to this day: "you can put them in any language you want to because i can't really read' it broke my heart to hear a grown mother with children say that in this day and age. And it gets me all ferklempt every time I think about it

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10712 posts)
bravo!!! aqui se aprende gramatica. uuuppss rong forun.

Jamaica NY
Username hidden
(882 posts)
"until I hear from you again", I said something to the effect of "until we are whores again"

hey, if she is "that" kind of friend it could happen lol

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2071 posts)
I have a tendency to mix words up in Spanish. Took me a while to say "chongo" {ponytail} instead of "chango" {monkey} consistently

I also wrote an IM with a German gf of mine and instead of saying the German for "until I hear from you again", I said something to the effect of "until we are whores again" oops!

you just can't misunderestimate how funny a faux pas like that can be sometimes. {credit dubya with that}

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10712 posts)
I have listened to students mispronounce important words in their speeches far too many times.

One student wrote a speech about Tibet and pronounced it as (tib-it) every time. Another student was presenting a speech about Ernesto Zedillo, the former President of Mexico, and she had no understanding of the impact of Spanish pronunication. Instead of (say-DEE-o), she referred to him as (zah-dill-low) through out her entire speech.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(4449 posts)
Haha. Or simply saying that they work for Chevro-let instead of Chevro-lay.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3203 posts)
I've never noticed some of those, but they're fucking funny.

We had a rep from Cambridge Isotopes come to our lab once trying to push her line of "de-NOO-ner-ate-ed" solvents (used in a common analytical technique called NMR). While we already purchased most of our deuterated (pronounced "DOO-ter-ate-ed") solvents from Cambridge, the fact that she was trying to sell us something while not even knowing how to pronounce it was pretty sad. It's like a rep from Chevrolet bragging about their 2013 Core-VEE-tays.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19798 posts)
"So wait, you're telling me that its correct to write:

Sort of speak? And not so to speak?"

Oh, hell no. But that's a little different. (BTW, I've never seen anyone write that or speak it). That's not slang, though, that's just butchering a phrase which is a different PP in and of itself. So on that note.......

PP: People who butcher commonly used phrases (spoken, written, or both) such as:

All for not (it's naught, you idiot.)

Tow the line (Toe, dummy. You're walking the line, not taking it with you.)

Intensive purposes (Intents AND purposes, dick head.)

It takes 2 to tangle (Untangle your brain, dumb ass. It's tango.)

Mute point (I wish you were a mute so I didn't have to hear you say stupid shit.)

The list goes on and on....

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3203 posts)
Who the hell said that?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19798 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   62 to 71 of 397   End
TOPIC: Pet Peeve 2013