Pet Peeve 2013 : Swingers Discussion 21790510341
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumPet Peeve 2013
TOPIC: Pet Peeve 2013
GoTo Page: Less ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Start   341 to 350 of 391   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Sed, of all the people I know, you probably SHOULD be spanked the most. LOL

North Syracuse NY
Username hidden
(3625 posts)
I figured you did it because it was an earlier PP of mine. You get spanked either way.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3202 posts)
"*irregardless*"

If we ever meet, I'm spanking you for this.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3202 posts)
It is always good, and thankfully someone else cares about this nerdy shit.

...and you know you are hot right back!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2182 posts)
The presence of 'not' and 'less' creates a double negative. I would likely stick with omitting 'not', but that's me.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2182 posts)
Could care less: you possess some bit of caring Couldn't care less: you are at the absolute bottom of giving a fuck. You could not go any lower.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2182 posts)
"You are correct, but there does exist an newer apathy which I think is partly linked to the electronic age."

I can buy that. The attitude in general seems to be "It's just the internet, who cares about typos, constant misspellings or bad grammar?"

Funny thing is that you'd think the exact opposite would happen. People are communicating with each other in written (typed) text more than any other time in history. Email, message boards, facebook, text messaging, instant messenger, etc. And with all of the options we have you'd think people would actually be getting better at it. Especially since nearly every phone has autocorrect and misspelled words typed on a computer are either autocorrected or highlighted with the squiggly red line underneath them. But somehow it actually seems to be getting worse.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3202 posts)
"PP - when people forward stories to me that have been debunked as lies, rumors, jokes, trolling, etc., and still insist on their veracity."

Hahaha.....I was considering this as a 2nd PP in my post. And it's not just fake stories, but I'd say 90% of the crap people post or "share" on facebook is awful.

Probably half of the pet peeves I have revolve around fb and social media usage. Here's my top 10 FB Pet Peeves. Because you care.

FBPP #1: People who use FB as a means of "political activism." Listen dickhole, just because you post a couple of articles every day along with your own lengthy commentary doesn't make you a hero, a patriot, or even well informed. And it definitely doesn't inspire other people.

FBPP #2: People who think that a picture with a quote on it must be true despite the fact that the same quote is floating around with several different "authors" being "credited" for saying it. Dummy.

FBPP #3: eCards. Quit sharing them and thinking that they perfectly define your life and your personality. They don't.

FBPP #4: I think just about EVERYONE on Facebook has that one friend who has to use caps for at least 1 word in everything they post because they think it gives more impact to the entire statement.

FBPP #5: Having my newsfeed covered with other people's farmville "achievements."

FBPP #6: Having my newsfeed covered with pictures and stories about your kids. Yeah, your kid said something cute today. Guess what? So did everyone else's. Shut up.

FBPP #7: Obvious attention seeking comments.

Ex: "I can't believe he'd do that to me." Then a few dozen people ask what happened and no response, or the response is just as vague as the initial comment.

FBPP #8: The "cleaning up my friends list" posts that demand a response from anyone who doesn't wish to be unfriended. Never responded to one, never been unfriended.

FBPP #9: Instagram. You've got a $200+ state of the art smartphone that can take high quality pictures and you want to alter them so they look like they taken with a 30 year old Polaroid.

FBPP #10: Liking and sharing the "I fucking love science" page. It's got practically nothing to do with science. It's mostly pictures of Neal deGrasse Tyson and science themed memes. Most people don't love science. They might be amazed by it, but they don't love it. Myself included. Science is awesome but I don't understand it nearly enough to love it. And neither do you.

FB does have it's benefits though. I've reconnected with some good, long lost friends from the past. Easy way to keep friends and family informed. But holy shit, it brings out the stupid in damn near everyone.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3202 posts)
You are correct, but there does exist an newer apathy which I think is partly linked to the electronic age.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2182 posts)
"Unfortunately, we have, {what seems like} an entire generation of young folks who could care less about grammar/written language."

I'd like to say it's a new thing with young people, but you can pick apart plenty of older people for basic grammar as well. I've seen profiles of couples and singles my age or older that were just unreadable because they lacked even basic sentence structure. Stupidity and ignorance is not age or generation specific.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3202 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Start   341 to 350 of 391   End
TOPIC: Pet Peeve 2013