Pet Peeve 2013 : Swingers Discussion 21790510121
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumPet Peeve 2013
TOPIC: Pet Peeve 2013
GoTo Page: Less ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... More 
Start   121 to 130 of 386   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Hoping as I type this out it's not a brainfart

In games when the game asks for a answer and then a "new" question.

Same question over and over can be mundane. Agreed that it can be difficult to come up with a new question that is interesting but that's the point.

Buford GA
Username hidden
(3552 posts)
the make some fucking noise thing is out of hand They are not cheering the National Anthem, they are cheering the singer/performance. Or saying in essence, Oh good, that's over, now let's get rowdy!

I feel the same way about it that I do anything that requires respect. Graduation ceremonies, for example. People show up in baggy shorts and flip flops, with air horns and hoot and holler so much because their precious one has just barely managed to make it through high school that they have their own cheering section and subsequent graduates and their families cannot hear their names called. I think it's disrespectful.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but there should still be some areas of society where quiet respectfulness is the protocol. Don't you dare talk or text or sit or leave your hat on at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

Not everything should be a party.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7295 posts)
"Make some fucking noise."

Might be fun to do so, but I don't think screaming and moaning at the top of my lungs in sexual ecstasy is really appropriate. ;-P Sorry, I just had to make the joke.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8824 posts)
"I wasn't aware of the hand-over-heart protocol for the passing of the flag, and thought standing at respectful attention was sufficient for civilians."

Depends on who you ask. As a vet, I think that as long as people are courteous enough to stand for 10 seconds and acknowledge the flag while it passes then I'm satisfied.

But I know other vets who take that shit super seriously and think that is disrespectful to do anything less than standing at the perfect position of attention, taking your hat off and placing your hand over your heart for 30 paces before and after the ensign passes you.

Personally, I think some of that "tradition" is a little overdone, specifically when it comes to civilians. Stand up, cheer the flag, sign the anthem, go nuts and cheer during the final verse at a baseball game. The thought that "respect' can only be shown through quiet and reserved methods is old hat. Make some fucking noise.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
Either way, Gina, I don't think it can be overdone. I hate when people refuse to do it during the pledge, though understand they might be expressing their conscientious objection. It seems that a lot of people either don't know the protocol or just don't care.

I wasn't aware of the hand-over-heart protocol for the passing of the flag, and thought standing at respectful attention was sufficient for civilians.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8824 posts)
Actually, the "hand over your heart" during the National Anthem has been around much longer than post 9/11 America. Placing your hand over your heart is basically a "civilian salute."

Proper flag etiquette calls for people stand, face the flag (or in the general direction of the music if the flag is not visible), remove their hat (men only) and place their hand (holding their hat, if applicable) over their heart for:

The Pledge of Allegience The National Anthem The passing of the National Ensign (flag) during parades, ceremonies, etc. The raising and lowering of the flag.

Uniformed personnel (men and women) will do the same with the exception of removing their covers and will execute a hand salute instead of placing their hands over their hearts.

usflag. org/flagetiquette.html

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
Amendment to the amendment: No, we did not put our hands over our hearts during a parade b/c of the national anthem...we put them over our hearts when the flag passed by. Clearly I am a demented old woman whose had her brains fucked out far too many times.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7295 posts)
Ammendment: I was unaware of the hand over heart. We've always done it during parades, even as children. Ok, I'll waive my pet peeve until I research that a bit. But not showing respect is the general idea.

And Fun, how about being my pet instead of my pet peeve?

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7295 posts)
IDK, there's a certain sound "pretty shoes" make coming up the hall at work, I always look up to see if there's any drool-worthy shoes when I hear it

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10703 posts)
That reminds me speaking of sounds....I hate the sound that snowsuit or warmup suits make when they're made of that slick fabric ....nails on a chalk board! Shoes and clothing should not make noise! Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5383 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... More 
Start   121 to 130 of 386   End
TOPIC: Pet Peeve 2013