Pet Peeve 2013 : Swingers Discussion 2179051061
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumPet Peeve 2013
TOPIC: Pet Peeve 2013
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 382   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"I'm guilty of coulda, shoulda, woulda"

This is basically slang and it's no different than saying (or writing) something like "I'm gonna do this." or "I've gotta do that." which is totally different than writing "should of" in place of "should have." When someone actually writes/types out "should of" it indicates that they actually think that's how it's said out loud.

I don't fault anyone for writing in slang, as long as they actually get it right. BTW...."woulda, shoulda, coulda" would not get you mocked by me. I try not to make slang a regular part of my writing, but I still do it from time to time. Either because I'm being lazy or because it might better emphasize the "tone" of a particular comment or point I'm trying to make. A few slang words here and there would probably tend to make my comments seem a little less serious.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
I'll even write "shoulda" sometimes. But it's like "ain't" - I'll use it for *effect*, when appropriate, but I know it ain't a word.

p.s. someone brought Cheetos to the part Saturday. No lie.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19081 posts)
Ya'lls be thinkin way overmuch 'bouts stuff that ain't matterin' in da big pitch!

Deem dare Savs

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5349 posts)
I'm guilty of coulda, shoulda, woulda...stuff like that. But I should have known one day it would be an issue. lol

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10693 posts)
"I should of gone to that party."

Um, I didn't know anyone WROTE it that way. Since they're saying "Should've" (which now that I think about it isn't written down very often) it *sounds* like "should of". But I guess I always thought people knew what it was. Apparently not.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19081 posts)
I suppose if you slow down as you go by, they could open the door and drop and roll

if I'm writing very informally, there's several things I type more the way they sound when I say it informally, rather than the way they're truly spelled or when I have to speak more properly.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10693 posts)
cpl, that is really common in my area, unfortunately.

Another local phrase here is that people say they will "go by" a destination instead of "visit" or "stop in". To me, as a non-native to the area, go by means you'll be passing without stopping.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8806 posts)
PP: People who use "of" instead of "have."

Example: "I should of gone to that party."

I just read a profile that must have made this mistake at least 10 times.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
Jack was AWESOME! "wait til they get a load of ME!"

Out of no more than mere curiosity: why is Affleck a "douche" in your opinion, T? I'm not trying to stir the pot, I really thought he was almost universally thought of as a "nice guy", so "douche" surprised me.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10693 posts)
I don't watch movies because someone attractive is in them.

Megan Fox is hot as hell, but I wouldn't pay 50 cents to see one of her films.

Miami FL
Username hidden
(3625 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 382   End
TOPIC: Pet Peeve 2013