PS is now closed : Swingers Discussion 213334
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumPS is now closed
TOPIC: PS is now closed
Created by: LaBoomStarz
Original Starting post for this thread:
For years we were told that PS was the place for higher end swingers and that SLS was more of a low end. Now we see Peter and company closing up shop like a medicine man show to get out of town as fast as they can with their members money. Many of us are members of multiple sites so be sure that you do not support any of the continued businesses that the old PS administration are a part of....i.e. A A H Z...unless you condone this activity. If having a site that fulfills it member agreements is low end then we are more than happy to be here.

Thanks for being a steady performer SLS.

Booms

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 19   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Probably not, but it's never really a bad idea to throw some ideas out there. Maybe one of them sticks someday.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3202 posts)
There are probably thousands of posts on this topic in the Website forum. They're not changing it :).

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16524 posts)
Agree completely w/Nic and Jinx.

Capture the IP address to prevent the same person from creating multiple accounts.

Give a free trial period for X number of days (7,10,30,whatever) with full use of the site, but after that trial period is over, free members go back to very limited functions of the site. Even as it stands now, free members can view profiles (limited # per day), see pics (but no nudes), and send and receive email (another limited # per day). I forget what the number of profiles a free member can view or the how many emails they can send and receive per day is, but I remember it being a fairly high number. 50 profiles a day maybe?

If you think about it, there really isn't much incentive to pay for a membership other than to perv nude pics and post in the forums. I admire the site owner(s) for making it so accessible to people, but I think they could do much better by limiting what is given away for free and still charging reasonable subscription rates to encourage new members to sign up. JMO

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3202 posts)
No VA, I am pretty sure the owners of SLS are doing just fine but I personally would like to see them reinvest some capital into improving the architecture. If they don't want to dig into their own pockets, I am suggesting a great revenue stream.

I have no issue with Free members as a whole but just imagine how quickly the site could be improved with a lousy $5/month from them.

Other sites give you a few priveledges for a month and then you either pay to coninue or have just the most basic presence. I think SLS gives free members too many features with little incentive to upgrade.

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(11931 posts)
Capture the IP of the computer. Many publications do it after so many free visits per month. They could if they wanted.

I would assume they know how many are converted from free to paying so in the end it is likely worth it for them to have the open policy.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2182 posts)
There is no way to avoid free members;

1- The owner, when building this website, stated that this website will always be available to free members.

2- Even if it wasn't, what would stop the expired account from opening a new one?

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16524 posts)
Nic...that is a good way to go. Perpetual freebies just invites lurkers and the like. If they can't even afford a membership how are they going to afford a 'few drinks to see if we click'? Cut the cheap bastards off after a quick taste!!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2182 posts)
I think SLS is a great site. Just some annoying technical glitches.

Like friends telling me that they can't email us because our profile blocks couples?!?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19546 posts)
@ VA...I don't that's it. The OP was talking about another site that took it's member's money and ran and then the conversation tailed off to talking about this one.

Thanks Nic....damn hijacker.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3202 posts)
Really good idea. I forgot that free members have use of nearly all the site's functions for as long as they want. Putting a 7 day cap on it would probably work. I remember we browsed as free members for about 3 days and decided to buy a 1mo subscription to see how that went. When that ran out we did 3mo and then another 3mo, then got sidetracked by life and let our membership expire, and when we came back just did the lifetime thing.

So far, my biggest complaint about this site isn't so much the appearance of it but the fact that there seems to be either a lack of interest from administrators in fixing problems when they occur or the know-how isn't there. The "Website" forum is filed with complaints and I noticed it often takes a few days or longer for admins to even acknowledge that they are aware of the problem and trying to fix it.

T

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3202 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 19   End
TOPIC: PS is now closed