Our own worst critic : Swingers Discussion 40146101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumOur own worst critic
TOPIC: Our own worst critic
Created by: oldfartfirecouple The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 25   End
User Details are only visible to members.
jim accepted thanks

Sarasota FL
Username hidden
(2069 posts)
expo, once again the inability to read facial expressions and voice inflections into an e-mail posting lead to misunderstanding. Your dad's humor went zinging right over my head! Mea culpa!

Here's an apology and a tip of the hat to a great dad you were lucky to have.

Jim

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Poly, In answer to your post.... yes I have had my thyroid checked and rechecked lol 3 times I year I have it checked 4 times I year I have blood work for my sugar levels also.....believe me I thought ofthat because of family issues with it! Thanks for the idea though....

I have noticed that since my surgery I have put on weight and just not been able to take it off.... we have tried everything from a 900 cal. diet to a 2000 cal diet.... the doc now wants me to read the south beach book and try that....I keep a journal for months at a time of everything that goes in my stomach ( well just about...somethings are better not known to the doc LOL ) so I am in the process of reading the book and keeping my fingers crossed...and working out daily....

by the way....there are a lot of beautiful women on this thread and I hope to meet you all one day!!....

~ T

Myerstown PA
Username hidden
(4985 posts)
What terrific thoughts on your father, Expo. It's actually inspiring. I just told hubby about it and he said he hopes our children think that way of us when the day comes. Something to really strive for!

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
Thanks, he was truely a great man, we found out just how great he was when he pased away, what he did. He felt no need to blow his own horn.I was 24 at the time , not understanding how life was until those days. Each person that came told a story to us all about what a difference he made to their lives, what he had done to make life easier for them.My wife could not believe along with us all those he affected.If I live to do a quarter of what he had done I will have lived a very generous and fulfilling life. Its really amazing how much a difference you do make to people.Most of us never really give it any thought about how we affect others lives,good or bad.To any that deal with people on a daily basis, which we all do.Even a smile,hug a warm hello can change a persons day. I have and will always toot his horn for him.The funeral director told us they had never had so many people in that community come to caling hours.. They suggessted that we keep calling hours for him for two days.What an amazing person he was. This is one of the main reasons I will always tell people who have a problem with their parents to get over it,life is to short not to enjoy your family while you have them.I regret that he was not here to see his grandchildren,to see his influence on them.

Sarasota FL
Username hidden
(2069 posts)
va. that was a joke sorry you did not catch it. After being married to my mother for 50 years. I know they both had plenty of love and charm in their lives being committed to one another.This he has passed onto us as we are entering our 25th year of marriage. As far as the gene pool, he used his skills of common sense to know people and what they really were like and had a great sense of how people were .He was able to see right through bullshit people.He did not have to try so hard at being liked, he just was .He did not have to show people how bright he was , people just knew. He did not have to show off how compassionate he was, he just was. These genes, he was able to pass on to all 8 of his children. He also taught us not to take ourselves so seriously, that we could laugh at ourselves.Look at the fun life brings instead of intensifying the negative.Something that I think is lacking by quite a few people. Charm,wit ,compassion, he had more in his little finger then quite a few who think they are so bright.We have not even hit on book smart yet jim.He was even a greater man that way but did not feel the need to sway people on that part of his life!

Sarasota FL
Username hidden
(2069 posts)
Echoing VAlovers comments... I've shared in the past how being around swingers has affected my wife. That's got to be one of the most important things that marks the differences between lifestyle folk and others.

For us, it's acceptable to pour our attention onto someone other than our spouse for an hour or two. That doesn't happen anywhere else - because people are too inhibited to stare at someone and, with all respect and honesty, gaze into their eyes and tell them they're gorgeous. But with the lifestyle, it's acceptable. That's the environment I wanted to get my wife into because, like others have said, she doesn't believe me when I tell her she's the hottest women on this earth.

Although Mrs O has broken down and wept at the realization that others see her as beautiful, it's something that needs to be renewed periodically. So, I get her out into the clubs and M & G's as often as we can swing it. pun intended.

Anyone who insinuates that swinging is immoral doesn't know what they're talking about. Swinging is theraputic. It's one of the few times we can be "normal". When we can say what we mean instead of being imprisoned behind a wall of "moral" inhibitions (which, in my mind, are not really moral at all).

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(3271 posts)
What a charming man! Hope you didn't inherit HIS gene for charm and tact!

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
I can remember my father telling my mom this......... she said she was still hot for him after 50 years of marriage at breakfast one morning. My dad said you should be you have one tit in the coffe and the other in the oatmeal

Sarasota FL
Username hidden
(2069 posts)
One of my greatest satisfactions in swinging is seeing the difference it makes to Mrs. Valovers. She still puts herself down all the time for bodily "imperfections." But nothing like she used to. I'd tell her that she should notice that she has a pretty face, great hair, gorgeous eyes, beautiful skin, and excellent breast size, firmness, & shape. But all she could see was gray hairs starting to appear, wrinkles at the corner of her eyes (which I never even see), legs shorter than she wishes she had, and a softness in her abs.

I told her to just check out the men! LOL

Like most wives, she "discounted" hubby's opinion, because hubby is "supposed to say that."

Then she discovered at parties that she's hit on all night long and could spend the entire party in bed with one man after another, or two or more at once, all night long if she wanted to and was up to it. She suddenly discovered to her amazement and shock that she was in great demand, and men she admired and found attractive wanted to be with HER!

Such stuff is great for the esteem of middle-aged women. I think many of them could benefit from just such an attitude adjustment and the realization that you don't have to look 16 years old to be sexy and hot.

One of the hottest ladies we swing with told me that when they started swinging by going to a club, she considered herself "unfuckable." She's changed her mind! LOL

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 25   End
TOPIC: Our own worst critic