One state under God Latest license plate stirs controversy : Swingers Discussion 1922751091
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumOne state under God Latest license plate stirs controversy
TOPIC: One state under God Latest license plate stirs controversy
GoTo Page: Less ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... More 
Start   91 to 100 of 305   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"I don't follow how the Supremacy clause comes into the mix"

Quite simply...The establishment clause is enumerated in the very first amendment to the Constitution, ratified by congress The supremacy clause clearly states that those laws created by congress and enumerated in the constitution, and binding on the states Why in God's name would you need to invoke the 14th amendment, when in fact the prohibition of the establishment of religion was clearly enumerated and binding on the states, decades before the 14th amendment was ratified Now...you can try to make the case that these licence plates are NOT establishment of religion, but you would be what I like to call...wrong

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3831 posts)
Fun makes the simple but astute observation that free speech is the threshold and only issue worth debating here. The substance of the license plate would be an obvious violation of the Establishment Clause if conveyed by a state actor.

It is weird that anyone would make something of this and I don't follow how the Supremacy clause comes into the mix. I did not know it was the subject of any cases since McCulloch v. Maryland. LOL

I'll admit that my law degree is dusty, but it sounds to me like someone likes the sound of their own voice and then saying "in your face" like that ridiculous character Ben Stiller plays in Dodgeball.

Peg is right, we all have issues. Some more than others.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2362 posts)
Obviously my decade of college education didn't teach me a thing!

And you still never got that elusive associates degree huh? Sad. Tell us anything even remotely relating to enzymes that would kill an animal organism exposed to extreme high temperature before dehydration and organ failure (Crickets chirp in the background)

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3831 posts)
Do you think the below 3 post are purposely full of errors to teach us what it looks like when English isn't your first language? Nah he isn't that clever , I gots my grade 10 and even I's rites beter den dat.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5258 posts)
The Constitution is the supreme law of the land. If a state law or constitution contradicts a constitutional federal law, state judges are required to uphold the federal law. An important purpose of the federal government was to “rescue [the United States] from the embarrassing and destructive consequences, resulting from the legislation of so many different States, and to place it under the protection of a uniform law.” Furthermore, the decision invoked the Supremacy Clause and affirmed that state laws that contradict constitutional acts of Congress “must yield” to the Constitution. A 3 year old could connect the dots..Fun Ahoy...not so much

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3831 posts)
BTW Corkey...your cut and paste was not the conclusion of Roe, and as always happens when you try to substitute Google for a brain, you show yourself to be the idiot you are.

Note the emphasis on the FIRST amendment, and the 14th as a sidebar...stupid

he Constitution does not explicitly mention any right of privacy. In a line of decisions, however, going back perhaps as far as Union Pacific R. Co. v. Botsford, the Court has recognized that a right of personal privacy, or a guarantee of certain areas or zones of privacy, does exist under the Constitution. In varying contexts, the Court or individual Justices have, indeed, found at least the roots of that right in the First Amendment; in the Fourth and Fifth Amendments; in the penumbras of the Bill of Rights; in the Ninth Amendment; or in the concept of liberty guaranteed by the first section of the Fourteenth Amendment. These decisions make it clear that only personal rights that can be deemed "fundamental" or "implicit in the concept of ordered liberty," are included in this guarantee of personal privacy. They also make it clear that the right has some extension to activities relating to marriage, procreation, contraception, family relationships, and child rearing and education.

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3831 posts)
Still waiting for Vabeach to tell us anything even remotely relating to enzymes tyat would kill an animal organism exposed to extreme high temperature before dehydration and organ failure....he just can't seem to do it

"scientist" Bwhahahahaa!!!

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3831 posts)
Roe v Wade was ruled based on the 1st amendment providing a resurgent of privacy, as an enumerated right contained ion the 1st amendment Enumerated rights are mandated to the states via the supremacy clause, this the 14th amendment did not come into play It is the same with the establishment clause in the licence plate case. What part of that simple concept dopes your desperate, ignorant uneducated desperate half baked inbreed spawn of Arcadian siblings swamp dwelling mass of dead matter you laughably call a brain have trouble comprehending? It is official..you clearly enjoy me mocking and belittling you..it is the only possibility

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3831 posts)
lol @thn, good point!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2019 posts)
Which car coming at you from the opposite direction scares you more:

- the one with God in tiny print on the license plate?

or

- the one being driven by a 23 yr old drop out in a state where weed is legal?

I just wanna stay alive. I could care less what someone wants to put on his license plate.

Bensalem PA
Username hidden
(1160 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... More 
Start   91 to 100 of 305   End
TOPIC: One state under God Latest license plate stirs controversy