Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › One state under God Latest license plate stirs controversy
TOPIC: One_state_under_God_Latest_license_plate_stirs_controversy
« Prev  1 ...  26  27  28  29  30  31 
301 to 309 of 309
User Details are only visible to members.
OK, I remember my pledge of aleagence. "one nation under god" I don't care about religious arguments. yes .(period). This country was born and founded on certin pricipals and they have been exploited. We allow everyone in (melting pot). but all should eather accept the origial concept or get the *uck out. quit trying to *uck up this country, we have enough more important things to worry about other than if you got your toes under our feet. We have the same thing happens in our home town, always somebody moving in trying to save us from ourselves. I don't push my religion on anyone, but if I want to wish someone a merry christmas I will. I have a christmas tree in my house. Yes I am ranting but I think that we sould respect those who have given their lives for this country and the concepts that it was founded on. If you don't agree, fine, but if you wish to live here, accept that the founding morals are different that yours and let it go.

OK you can slam me now

Mercersburg PA
Username hidden
(3466 posts)
If people want the plate what is the problem? If you're not religious then don't buy one. I'm sorry, but you don't have the right to not have to look at one on the car in front of you.

It's about time the Supreme Court clarifies that you have the Freedom OF Religion, not the Freedom FROM Religion.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(19581 posts)
Now it has been years ago but I was able to distinguish the plates of bordering states when working. But I guess it could not hurt for the tag numbers could be preceded by the state abr. At some point probably all cars will required to have a electronic ID, they are already used for toll. As far as incidents involving cars the best thing to have is a good camera, much better for law enforcement to have a clear picture of not only the plate but the vehicle in a trial. Plus it protects citizens from abuse by law enforcement also.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Swing Plates?

Hmmmm

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8431 posts)
FJ,

I don't think they 're distinctive at all. When I went to get my tags there were at least a dozen or more options of novelty plates . Each was was completely different in design, color and background. Very confusing. When I was a child we used to play the license plate game on long road trips, way back then you could reach a point of seeing a "color" and know immediately where it was from. I get that they are looking for ways to generate income but in the big picture I think they have done a disservice to law enforcement and the public. Just my humble opinion.

On topic I suppose you should be able to buy whatever kind of plate you like , if they're going to have choices than there should be plenty to chose from. By golly I think I'll submit an entry for a Swingers Plate so next time I drive down the road and see a Hottie I'll know whether flirting is appreciated or seen as harassment lol

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5501 posts)
I vote for the K.I.S.S. factor

Keep It Simple Stupid!!

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8431 posts)
Sav most states that border each other are distinctive, but I see what you are saying.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
No offense intended to anyone at all but I personally think that each state should have a single plate design that clearly identifies the state to make it easily identifiable in the event of an hit and run, accident or crime. As it stands now if you only have a partial plate number identifying "where" it came from is made that much more difficult. On a side note I just registered by car in AL and find it weird that in this state only 1 tag is giving for the rear of the car. It would seem to me that the license should be viewable from both the front and the rear for reasons stated above. In Mn (for one) you are issued 2 tags and that made sense to me. Also the front of my Firebird looks goofy as clearly there is a space to hold a plate lol But what do I know ;) Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5501 posts)
AUSTIN -- A controversial new license plate could soon be on Texas roads.

The Board at the Texas Department of Vehicles approved the design during its Thursday meeting. Some say it shouldn’t be connected with the state, calling it disrespectful of religious freedoms. The Calvary Hill plate includes several crosses and the words “One State Under God” along the bottom. It’s one of five plates that the Board approved on Thursday. The other four are for schools or universities. The board debated the Calvary Hill design; eventually approving it in a 4-3 vote. A portion of the proceeds from the sales goes to the groups that presented the plate design. The Calvary Hill plate profits will benefit a non-profit youth organization in East Texas called the “Glory Gang.” It is the second plate design to raise concern over the past month. In November, the Board rejected an application for a plate with the Confederate flag image. The Sons of Confederate Veterans entered the design. The group is now suing the State over the rejection of its application. Those who support the controversial designs says it's part of the First Amendment's right to free speech. Specialty plates are a big source of revenue for the State. Each one costs $55 a year. With more than 73,000 sold since 2009, it’s brought in $7.4 million.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8431 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  26  27  28  29  30  31 
301 to 309 of 309
TOPIC: One state under God Latest license plate stirs controversy
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.