Obesity is sinking America : Swingers Discussion 2007451071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumObesity is sinking America
TOPIC: Obesity is sinking America
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 207   End
User Details are only visible to members.
California has had that system regarding small amounts of pot for decades.

Anything under an ounce is a ticket.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
It looks like NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo is proposing decriminalizing possession of minimal amounts of marijuana and NYC Mayor Bloomberg supports the idea.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9065 posts)
Bloomberg decriminalized pot?

1- when did he do that?

2- as a mayor of NYC do you think that he has the power to do that for all of NYS?

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16805 posts)
ugh. It annoys me how some people who are morbidly obese act as if its everyone elses fault that they have the issues they have. Lately I have been pushing it, and stress is definately a trigger with my RAD. Using the scooter at stores is my last resort...but on some days yeah, I need it. I know I do not "look" like a patient, but I am. Went to use a scooter, and I guess it was the last one there. The woman just fussed and fussed over the fact that her legs hurt and she is heavy and she cant walk around...and that lady doesnt look like SHE is in pain...look how little she is!!

Tell that to my knees, ass lol

Username hidden
(23992 posts)
My initial glossover of the 2nd link gave me the same impression - the site is dedicated to debunking the claims that GMO foods are dangerous.

But I said I would take a good look at both before I gave a well thought-out response....

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19827 posts)
Two days and 4 hrs sleep.... End of seriously challenging week.

Mom is on ventilator in a coma and won't be coming out of it. Doctor said don't bother coming, she'll be gone before I get off the plane....

By the age of 10 you have pretty much developed what will be your 'moral core'. That internal compass that keeps you on the 'path'. In my case and in many others I would imagine it manifests itself in the form of my parents voices imparting the lessons I was taught at that early age. My father was the intellect. Read the NY Times and the Wash. Post every Sunday from front to back. After the 'age of reason' (about age 8 in my father's opinion) I was expected to be able to comment on any topic of the day. If I could not, it was explained to me until I could. He was also the disciplinarian. It was his voice that kept me out of serious trouble for 17 years while I worked in the music industry....

My mother on the other hand was the clear defender of the weak and downtrodden. She is the voice that makes sure I stop on the road to help someone change a tire or volunteer for something that no one else will volunteer for that needs to get done. It was her voice, listened to all those years ago, that guided me on how to raise two teens that I am actually in awe of. 4 years on my own-and they don't hate me!!! ;-) It's her voice you see when you read me defending a 'liberal' program here that will educate kids or feed the hungry. Her voice that tempers my conservative nature to make what you see here as a 'liberal'.

All this I learned from her before the age of 10.

Later in life she became very disturbed (Munchhausen syndrome) and estranged from me, but I never forgot what she taught me.....

Thank you everyone for the kind thoughts....it's just a waiting game now.

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
Sorry to hear that about your mother, Ghost.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9065 posts)
Sorry to hear, Our prayers go out to your Mom Ghost.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2317 posts)
Ghost,

All the best to your mom, I hope that all goes well.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16805 posts)
First off, Ghost, I'm sorry you're facing this with your mother. It must have given you much needed peace to hear she was not in terrible suffering. The last dozen or so posts in this thread really got my attention because I have a lot of opinions on food. Oh, before anyone feels the need to point out that I am in fact overweight, let me put your mind at ease that I'm aware of that. But my first opinion is on the soda legislation. I don't personally think anyone needs to be drinking that size drink but I can't get behind outlawing it. You start there and then where does it end? Regulating how much a salt shaker will dispense? Then let's have a maximum size for baked potatos and mandate one MUST eat the skins so what nutrients in one are being consumed. From there, I suggest the chocolate syrup and whipped cream on mocha late's must have government control and bakeries may no longer cell sweet buns and cupcakes. People will still find a way to get fat if their lifestyle is one that is managed in that way. (Naturally, I do not mean to make this an all inclusive generalization. Many factors can contribute to obesity.) But I can go with Ghost's thoughts on taxation. I smoked for many years, taxation was not what got me to stop. But maybe it did others. I drink wine and keep a stock of liquor for entertaining and cooking and happily pay larger taxes on it too. Because I'm making the choice to do so. I'd take great exception to government making it for me.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 207   End
TOPIC: Obesity is sinking America